Self-Forgiveness Exorcise the Habits that Inhabit us

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
Bella

Self-Forgiveness Exorcise the Habits that Inhabit us

Post by Bella »

Self-forgiveness is a system, a method, a tool to unfold and uncover the systems, patterns, habits one has become.
The habits that inhabit us and take over once the trigger is pulled – a word, an image, a smell is enough to press ‘enter’ and the program runs: the human race.

Self-Forgiveness will Exorcise the Habits that Inhabit us; but then we gotta make sure they don't come back.
How do we become ‘who we are’? How come we be-come?

Self-forgiveness is like walking backwards untying the knots/nots one has tied oneself in while wandering/wondering on the thread of ‘life’.
Self-forgiveness is the unfolding of that thread to see How one is knitted, How one be-came.
Man Know Thyself.

Within this, self-honesty emerges – and yet some self-honesty, the willingness to see/face truth/oneself, is required to dare walk this path to begin with...
‘Fascinating’.
No self-forgiveness without self-honesty, and no self-honesty without self-forgiveness.

The more we allow ourselves to See, the more we place ourselves in a position to ‘get a grip’ of it all/of ourselves and determine what we will accept and allow and what not; the more we are able to take self-directive principle and determine ‘who we are’, instead of just following the program and what comes-up to drive us.

To See, however, we need to let go of that which we think we know; that which we like to believe about ourselves, that which we justify the world with, that which we use to make excuses for why we cower and hide and blame others instead of standing-up in self-responsibility.

Actual self-forgiveness as life comes once we start fathoming the ‘effect’ our ‘cause’ has been having on the whole/life/this world as one; once we start seeing and realizing what that which we have allowed ourselves to stand equal to has been ‘supporting’ in this world.
Seeing eye to eye, in self-honesty, we cannot but humble ourselves. There is a choice: to either forever remain in negativity, self-anger, self-hate, self-judgment and spitefulness, OR to forgive oneself, let go, and move forward without looking back; to self-will a change that will purify, dignify and rectify self as life.
Through such self-willed ‘intervention’ (is that what ‘divine intervention’ actually is? lol) we start accumulating self-trust because we see and prove to ourselves that we are able to direct ourselves in every moment: we do not have to be victims of ‘circumstances’, we do not have to continue participating in the power-games we are educated with.

Looking again at the tool of/as self-forgiveness, we can see that: even though we are able to ‘explain’ and present and share self-forgiveness as a method, a system to work with to get to self-realization about who we are (Man Know Thyself) – actual self-forgiveness is something each one must live and discover for self, as self.

Similar it is with self-honesty; it is easier to ‘explain’/share/present what self-honesty is Not, lol. Self-honesty however is something that must be self-realized.

Self-realization, too, can be a process of self-discovery, self-introspection, self-reflection and understanding of How we got to be who/where we are today and How all the experiences and mental/emotional patterns of self were created --- but then to realize self beyond that, to make self real as life beyond conditioned stimulus-response patterns: is another story that can only be self-realized through self-actualization: real-living, real-I, real-time, breath by breath, in every moment.

That’s why it was/is suggested that we walk this process in every breath, one breath at a time, one point at a time, until it’s done. Patience is required - not the easiest of virtues, lol. But is there another way?
Trapped in time, created through time, we must work with time to re-create ourselves in dignity and respect, in a way that we can live with ourselves without regret, without shame; and in a way we can live with each-other without harm, without spite, without secrets.

We are going for it – facing the inevitable, that is ourselves.

Carrie

Re: Self-Forgiveness Exorcise the Habits that Inhabit us

Post by Carrie »

Awesome Bella. Clear, direct, and practical support for self-forgiveness here! When I was beginning my process of practice, understanding or trying to explain self-forgiveness within myself and to others, this would have been greatly assistant. A must read for any of us starting self-forgiveness. Thank you for sharing.

alyson

Post by alyson »

Thank you for sharing so much useful insight with us here Bella! :D

Rozelle de Lange

Post by Rozelle de Lange »

Great support Bella - thanks for sharing :)

Flo Parks

breaking the berating habit in myself

Post by Flo Parks »

Thank you Bella,
This is the crux isn't it? Facing myself with the intention to forgive and go forward into a different, more compassionate to all, direction is the power. Not a big thing, just a little chink in the big dam. But over time I begin to relax a bit towards myself knowing that I won't berate myself like my old habits, no, I start looking for things to forgive.

Lindsay

Re: breaking the berating habit in myself

Post by Lindsay »

Flo Parks wrote:Thank you Bella,
This is the crux isn't it? Facing myself with the intention to forgive and go forward into a different, more compassionate to all, direction is the power. Not a big thing, just a little chink in the big dam. But over time I begin to relax a bit towards myself knowing that I won't berate myself like my old habits, no, I start looking for things to forgive.
Hey Flo -

if one has an 'intention' to forgive, that implies separation - as intention is something we 'intend' to do in the future. Self-forgiveness is to be applied here, in each moment of breath, which means whatever arises we forgive in the moment.

Thus, it's not a point of 'looking for things to forgive' as there is nowhere to 'look' - everything is here - which makes thing really simply, as we can indeed relax and go about our day aware of what is arising within ourselves, because when we slow ourselves down, breathe, and are aware of ourselves in the physical, we're able to notice when our mind moves - then, we know what it is that we require to forgive, and we keep walking until there is no longer any movement whatsoever - that will take time, lolol.

So, we work with what is here, and walk until it's done.

Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Cool thread here!
if one has an 'intention' to forgive, that implies separation - as intention is something we 'intend' to do in the future. Self-forgiveness is to be applied here, in each moment of breath, which means whatever arises we forgive in the moment.

Thus, it's not a point of 'looking for things to forgive' as there is nowhere to 'look' - everything is here - which makes thing really simply, as we can indeed relax and go about our day aware of what is arising within ourselves, because when we slow ourselves down, breathe, and are aware of ourselves in the physical, we're able to notice when our mind moves - then, we know what it is that we require to forgive, and we keep walking until there is no longer any movement whatsoever - that will take time, lolol.

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”