Question about Self corrective statements/solutions

Ask questions related to applying self forgiveness and walking self corrective application
Ish

Question about Self corrective statements/solutions

Post by Ish »

I had a question about self corrective statements after writing self foregiveness. Is there a limit as to how many self corrective statements you can/should do/daily/weekly.

I don’t mean self corrective statements you make, say for a specific thought pattern/idea/belief/emotion/feeling/memory you’ve been participating in. For those, I make the statements and I walk and I let that point appear as I’m walking my daily life, and I test it out and see if I apply the sf/sc statements in that moment.

Say there’s specific physical habits/patterns you’ve created over the years and you need to change them in many different aspects of life. One could be a point in relation to a strained relationship with a family member and wanting to take steps to fix it, another point being eating an unhealthy diet for a long period of time and wanting to fix that, another point being addiction/addicted to using my phone too much(examples)

I’ve watched certain desteni videos on YouTube where it said you should take it one point at a time. I’m feeling like I can take on more points in relation to changing physical habits/patterns I’ve created over the years but feel as if I’m going to slow in the proccess, like I’m not making enough changes as I could/should.

Basically, I’m asking is, would it be too overwhelming taking on multiple points daily In relation to self corrective statements you make that’ll require to physically walk through a procces to change. The points that may have more resistance than some easier points to walk through. Or is it better taking one point at a time, instead of writing multiple self corrective statements in one day, related to different points and trying to walk them all through out the day,week,month etc.

Thanks, hope this wasn’t to long of a read, lol. Any info on this would be really helpful as I feel I can do more but haven’t due to watching certain videos saying take ‘one point at a time’ which I’m not too sure what that means.

Valentin Rozman

Re: Question about Self corrective statements/solutions

Post by Valentin Rozman »

Hi Ish,

from my perspective, there is no limit about how many self-forgiveness and self-corrective statements you can make about any amount of point in a single day. Many people have time restrictions due to their daily jobs and other commitments so they simply lack the time to do more writing than they currently do. And some experience writing exhausting, get tired soon physically or experience mind resistance.

However, note that the whole purpose of the process is to achieve the actual change of behavior patterns. Writing is just one of the tools that one can use but the proof is in the pudding. Meaning that one can write large amounts of self-forgiveness and self-corrective statements however if there has been little to no self-honesty applied and if the writing has not resulted in actual awareness of the limited points, then all that writing was in vain.

Thus, I suggest doing the writing, speaking the words out loud and then testing if the point has actually changed. You can do this by putting yourself in the environment that usually triggered your previous thoughts and emotional reactions and observe if you are now able to direct yourself differently, within emotional stability, with the result of being best for all.
Be the change you want to see, practice oneness and equality
Desteni Slovenia | FaceBook | YouTube | Blogger

thomaslagrua

Post by thomaslagrua »

The way I use self-corrective statements, once I've done self-forgiveness on a particular point, walking forwards and backwards through each of the steps my mind took to get to that creation point, is to focus my corrections on each of those steps. As for how many one should do, I've found that specific targeting of the steps that lead up to the point that I want to change is more supportive than trying to cover every possible angel.

Ish

Post by Ish »

Valentin Rozman wrote: 01 Feb 2020, 23:19 Hi Ish,

from my perspective, there is no limit about how many self-forgiveness and self-corrective statements you can make about any amount of point in a single day. Many people have time restrictions due to their daily jobs and other commitments so they simply lack the time to do more writing than they currently do. And some experience writing exhausting, get tired soon physically or experience mind resistance.

However, note that the whole purpose of the process is to achieve the actual change of behavior patterns. Writing is just one of the tools that one can use but the proof is in the pudding. Meaning that one can write large amounts of self-forgiveness and self-corrective statements however if there has been little to no self-honesty applied and if the writing has not resulted in actual awareness of the limited points, then all that writing was in vain.

Thus, I suggest doing the writing, speaking the words out loud and then testing if the point has actually changed. You can do this by putting yourself in the environment that usually triggered your previous thoughts and emotional reactions and observe if you are now able to direct yourself differently, within emotional stability, with the result of being best for all.

Thanks! That was helpful and makes sense. As there’s other points I know I’m ready to take steps to change like specific bad habits/patterns/relationships in my life but didn’t due to doubt.

Ish

Post by Ish »

thomaslagrua wrote: 02 Feb 2020, 06:34 The way I use self-corrective statements, once I've done self-forgiveness on a particular point, walking forwards and backwards through each of the steps my mind took to get to that creation point, is to focus my corrections on each of those steps. As for how many one should do, I've found that specific targeting of the steps that lead up to the point that I want to change is more supportive than trying to cover every possible angel.
When you say ‘walking forwards and backwards’ what do you mean exactly ?

I’ve done some self forgiveness/self corrective statements that I had to go back and be more specific on as many more points opened up when I tried to walk the correction. That’s helped as I wrote another self corrective statement on the same point, but more specific.

tormod

Post by tormod »

Hi Ish - thanks for your question.

I would agree to Valentin explaining with there is no limit to how much or how many points, that one can cover in one day/session. It is a matter of living the change - and like Thomas says : to see self - in the point - how the movement of self and/in mind & awareness - is then situated - and if that is really then - best for all change - that is what one would like to see as result. To understand, to ground what is being walked.

Let us know if this is unclear.

YoganBarrientos

Post by YoganBarrientos »

For Thoma's point "walking forwards and backwards through each of the steps my mind took to get to that creation point"
I understood this statement to mean that when you are writing out your pattern, and you are looking at the point in yourself, you press play, pause and reverse in remembering how the points played out in your "MEMORY." So its a reference to that I am sure, and if not then something similar.

In Videos that said "walk one point at a time" I am sure it refers to the fact that you can only in this real time moment focus on one thing at a time, and what you should do is to focus on whatever it is you are working on completely. So being attentive and not distracted. And walk it Well, walk it with your best effort, don't half-ass it. If you can link these videos Ish, then I can see the context and explain it better.

Return to “Self-Forgiveness and Practical Application Questions and Perspectives”