What is the most important thing in the world?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
anthony

Re: What is the most important thing in the world?

Postby anthony » 30 Jun 2011, 08:52

dear Cathy,
THE application of a question mark in this statement creates 'dissonance'.
AS a question "What is the most important thing in the world" the answer is, "the world".
HERE you are making a statement and therefore the question mark is incorrect, as a statement the answer is money, I guess.
thank you.

The Most Important Thing in the World
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STHpbWAhBZU

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 30 Jun 2011, 09:38

THE application of a question mark in this statement creates 'dissonance'.
AS a question "What is the most important thing in the world" the answer is, "the world".
HERE you are making a statement and therefore the question mark is incorrect, as a statement the answer is money

Maybe so Anthony but, the question to ask yourself is, how is it that this is so important to you?

anthony

Postby anthony » 30 Jun 2011, 13:24

further on the "space time line" I realise you are actually making a point perhaps rather than a statement or asking a question and do not know the correct grammatical application there.
...the question to ask yourself is, how is it that this is so important to you?
I guess that you mean the grammar rather than "the world", my answer to your question or is it a statement or a point.
well that's one answer and I actually disagree with Bernard on this, the most important thing in the world singularly is probably water, "money" is the accepted and allowed disgrace that allows humans to avoid understanding that LIFE is that which has value rather than imagined concepts, money has no intrinsic value in fact and so to even postulate as supposition is accepting and continuing to allow it's importance in that, though that is not to say he is wrong in his statement or is it a point (notice no question mark on the video) obviously he is not.

"why was it important to me", specifics and the need to specify.

an interactive experience I had at demonology.co.za forum where an interaction had a question mark when one was not actually necessary leading me to respond from a 'polite' perspective that then the response might not have been appreciated it being flippant, though the question didn't need asking and I am checking my attitude now as I was then to "avoid" such instances recurring.

finally and probably of most importance, my ineptitude at English Grammar, I don't remember being taught grammar in English at school though by the time we would have reached such lessons I wasn't listening any more anyway, though I do remember enjoying English lessons and am surprised I don't remember if it was taught to us, a thing one would expect to be the case.

whilst it would be apt to do some forgiveness here I will return for that purpose as I understand my SELF FORGIVENESS PROCESS further, it currently being under review so I can be more specific with it in future.

thanks for you time.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 01 Jul 2011, 06:58

This quote says it best and I agree.

Language and all of its annoying specifics and intricacies are basically just sitting in your brain, differing from slight to not-so-slight ways from brain to brain, ready to be accessed whether immediately or, well, not immediately.

How (pronunciation, slang, descriptive words, etc...language, period - and this goes for writings (typos, etc.) as well) is not attention worthy, it's a distraction at best...look further, past the words, and hear what is being communicated to you, and then understand why it is being communicated to you. I wouldn't waste time on visuals either, yet another distraction. Cut the distractions out and understanding will increase probably tenfold.

Quoted from a post on the 'Official Destonian Forum'
Question

anthony

Postby anthony » 01 Jul 2011, 20:00

This quote says it best and I agree.

Language and all of its annoying specifics and intricacies are basically just sitting in your brain, differing from slight to not-so-slight ways from brain to brain, ready to be accessed whether immediately or, well, not immediately.

How (pronunciation, slang, descriptive words, etc...language, period - and this goes for writings (typos, etc.) as well) is not attention worthy, it's a distraction at best...look further, past the words, and hear what is being communicated to you, and then understand why it is being communicated to you. I wouldn't waste time on visuals either, yet another distraction. Cut the distractions out and understanding will increase probably tenfold.

Quoted from a post on the 'Official Destonian Forum'
Thank you and I am in no way disagreeing with you, though a question mark 'begs' a response, otherwise why was it placed and if what you say is true here then it follows that one then looks past the intended nature as punctually specific and sees things that have as much chance of not being there or relevant as the question mark itself.

This experience and the consequences concerned me.
an interactive experience I had at demonology.co.za forum where an interaction had a question mark when one was not actually necessary leading me to respond from a 'polite' perspective that then the response might not have been appreciated it being flippant, though the question didn't need asking and I am checking my attitude now as I was then to "avoid" such instances recurring.
being that if the question mark had not been there I had no reason to respond, it being there I was obliged, from my perspective.

I need to focus on self forgiveness and so will only reply to this discussion if needs be when I am able rather than as.
I will check out the link, thank you.

anthony

Postby anthony » 01 Jul 2011, 20:20

ps

s;klav b
se
]l-
er
]ew
]=5e t6
sd
'a ]l
pyqo
= 4wa
e rpo4rt np]
=nt 43qw
=- t4q
aweg nm
w46 =wq45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p73S0BE13Xo
Last edited by anthony on 01 Jul 2011, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 01 Jul 2011, 20:21

being that if the question mark had not been there I had no reason to respond, it being there I was obliged, from my perspective.
LOL Anthony. Either way - cool you're here and were obliged to do so

anthony

Postby anthony » 01 Jul 2011, 20:35

Practical Reading - It is ‘Important’ to ‘Study’ the ‘Desteni-Language’, we are ‘Using’ the ‘Words’ in the ‘Desteni-Language’ Very-‘Specifically’, so that When we are ‘Explaining Something’, you do-Not ‘Misunderstand’ what we’re ‘Saying’, because you are ‘Pre-Programmed’ to have Particular-‘Ideas’ about ‘Meanings’ of ‘Words’.

Desteni Articles
if any one could inform of the "desteni position" on question marks, their use/meaning I would be grateful.

maybe it is in the link anthony.

beyond that Cathy was I manipulated into answering a question that was not so in fact and has the fall out been justification itself.

It SELF, ok.

Thank you

Cathy

Postby Cathy » 01 Jul 2011, 21:27

if any one could inform of the "desteni position" on question marks, their use/meaning I would be grateful.
Suggest turning that question back to self. What is your starting point within all of this Anthony?

Is it like 'marking' your territory because, I simply asked a question of which I first asked and answered myself. The point being that money is in fact accepted and allowed as the most important thing in the world because without it, one will starve. The point is stop the human nature which is self-interest. Stand according to what's best for all.

anthony

Postby anthony » 02 Jul 2011, 15:55

Suggest turning that question back to self. What is your starting point within all of this Anthony?
First let me take this right back Cathy, I believed I was answering a question posed by Cathy, "What is the most important thing in the world?", not realising that she was using the question 'rhetorically' as a 'device' to make a POINT, as it had a question mark at the end of it, had there been no question mark it would have been indicative of it's 'meaning' or implying it's true purpose, hence the concern of the manipulative nature of such tactics. Beyond that "specifics" as stated already.
Is it like 'marking' your territory...
Not totally sure what you mean by that though understand I want to leave this thread/question as soon as possible it being actually a distractive irrelevance REALLY.
...because, I simply asked a question of which I first asked and answered myself.
Again unsure what you mean, are you saying that you didn't want response or as you had the answer already the question to you was actually irrelevant.
The point being that money is in fact accepted and allowed as the most important thing in the world because without it, one will starve.
Specifically incorrect, though, one might have to view it contextually meaning any able bodied person can actually survive and avoid starvation, in England at any rate, without money, this is presented from experience rather than opinion.
The point is stop the human nature which is self-interest. Stand according to what's best for all.
I wont disagree, though, the term "human nature" I currently wrestle with as "human nature" is whatever humans decide it to be and I for one removed self interest for the benefit of all long ago.

I understand what is meant here from various perspectives and accept the one I used to illustrate it's 'fault's' was perhaps irresponsible.
Thanks for the link, it looks very interesting for various reasons that are appreciative and will spend some time there as soon as I am able.

I was only ever seeking clarification Cathy, nothing else.
thank you for the interaction, it is always useful to interact with others on any matter one has.
Grateful.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”