What is the most important thing in the world?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
anthony

Re: What is the most important thing in the world?

Postby anthony » 07 Jul 2011, 15:19

IMPORTANT adj
1 having great value, influence, significance or effect.
2 of great significance or value.
3 said of a person: having high social rank or status; eminent.
4 rather formal or literary pompous or pretentious.
importance noun.
See also self-important. importantly adverb.

ETYMOLOGY: 16c: French, from Latin importare to be of consequence.

I accept that money is definitively "most important", currently.
The first thing I look into is my association of the word important with the word necessary and any implications as to my own application of SELF HERE.

NECESSARY adj
1 needed; essential; indispensable; that must be done.
2 that must be; inevitable; inescapable.
3 logically required or unavoidable.
4 said eg. of an agent: not free.

ETYMOLOGY: 14c: from Latin necessarius, from necesse.

Beyond that my 'posturing' will be considered purpose and application as I review this interaction.
This quote says it best and I agree.
Language and all of its annoying specifics and intricacies are basically just sitting in your brain, differing from slight to not-so-slight ways from brain to brain, ready to be accessed whether immediately or, well, not immediately.

How (pronunciation, slang, descriptive words, etc...language, period - and this goes for writings (typos, etc.) as well) is not attention worthy, it's a distraction at best...look further, past the words, and hear what is being communicated to you, and then understand why it is being communicated to you. I wouldn't waste time on visuals either, yet another distraction. Cut the distractions out and understanding will increase probably tenfold.
Quoted from a post on the 'Official Destonian Forum'
Question
I agree and the point has been demonstrated in this interaction.
"Association" is something I am currently considering after discovering from this interaction that rather than applying words specifically or definitively as claimed I am associating them and in that their definitive value appears to be secondary or even inconsequential.

The point made by Marlen,
I do place emphasis on grammar, proper writing and spelling words as this is part of what an actual standard education should provide as what's best for all. To me it's not only 'pictures' but at the moment words carry the ways in which we present ourselves to the world and spelling, grammar, syntax and the corrections we walk through in the forums for example, has been of great support for me in developing my English as well as extending this point to my own language in the Spanish Forum which is actually cool seeing how people are now pushing themselves to write properly and take grammar/ orthography into consideration when sharing themselves.
is relevant in my current experience and I am finding specifying through "emphasis on grammar" important to be completely understood in what one is stating.

Again, thank you for the interaction, ESSENTIAL.

tylersr

Postby tylersr » 20 Jul 2011, 01:57

Maintaining the self-accepted illusion of codependency at the expense of those who are unable to access clean water and food.

I forgive myself for not allowing myself to realize that my self-accepted illusion of codependency at the expense of those who are unable to access clean water and food implied that I support the acquisition of money (as a concept) as a way of remaining lost in my mind instead of becoming independent.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to doubt the Inevitable as I know all of existence is Supporting me if I were to realize mySelf.

I forgive myself for allowing myself to reach a point where the manifested consequences of my actions meant that I was unable to support myself.

I forgive myself for allowing myself to blame the system for what I perceived to be insurmontable obstacles to my happiness in this lifetime.

I realize that my desire for happiness was oriented towards self-interest.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself the thought that the inevitability for world changes means that I do not know what I should do with my life.

I forgive myself for accepting and allowing myself to use drugs when I told myself (within my mind) that the use of such drugs was useless and that I would no longer use them.

I forgive myself for allowing myself to believe that I was subject to the currently existing economic and social structures and that leading a life that would instigate change in relation to such "large ideas would be continually difficult and I would face resistance.

The most important thing in the world is Reality.

KimKline

Postby KimKline » 20 Jul 2011, 21:02

Cool question Cathy!

At first I thought 'obviously, the earth itself, or water',' but then I realized that speaking in terms of importance is speaking something like 'the language of the mind', because in our actual physical reality, equality already exists, and there is no 'more or less important' within oneness.

However, with what the mind of man has manifested in this reality through living application is inequality and separation.

Still, I thought 'but water and the earth are still the most important, because we need them to survive.' But what are we stating in our living application when we destroy the earth for profit, and pollute the water to cut costs? We are saying that we do in fact value money over water and the earth, and all life for that matter.

So in all our ignorance, our collective living statement is that money is the most important thing in this world, and the consequences of this are apparent. It reminds me of an old saying: "Not until every fish is dead and every river has dried up will Man realize he cannot eat money." -lol!

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » 25 Jul 2011, 07:54

The physical substance, or atoms that make up everythings that here :P Without that there would not be a physical.
That's kind of what I quickly thought too, wanting to go at the root. If we break down anything that exists, it all boils down to 0s and 1s like digital information.

Nothing can be labeled as more important, because that always fluctuates like water. Everybody has their own opinion of what's more important depending on where they are in their life.

So basically, existence in itself is of the greatest importance in and out of this world. Out of this world...

As a trivial answer, I'd say a big lovingly hug. :D

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » 25 Jul 2011, 18:41

Oh, truth could be a great answer too.

When we think about it, truth is everything that is, period.

Truth is what allows the self-honesty. We are afraid of the truth.

We want to be something else, live another life, be in another world, believe there's something else than what there is right now.

I'm often wondering about this though, when you are not sure about what is true, how to be truthful?

I like animals for this reason. They are not aware of themselves, and they just ARE. And That's what makes them truthful. Why can't we just BE. Without truth, which is honesty, we cannot be, because we are never focused on the infinite present.

In that perspective, what Bernard is saying is making pure sense.

barbara

Postby barbara » 25 Jul 2011, 18:49

Check out "'TRUTH' by Design":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qvo-9rrBEM

you might reconsider... :)

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » 25 Jul 2011, 19:59

Thank you,

Great video but, I can't reconsider what I said because, I was talking about the real truth.

Real truth like when you confess to yourself and others how you really feel, what you really think and what really is.

Distortion of the truth is not truth, therefore doesn't apply to the truth I am talking about.

barbara

Postby barbara » 25 Jul 2011, 20:32

Real truth like when you confess to yourself and others how you really feel, what you really think and what really is.
... and here is where it gets 'tricky' -- what would be your starting point in 'confessing to others how you really feel and think, believing that this is what 'really is'?

Guillaume

Postby Guillaume » 25 Jul 2011, 21:04

Doing it for yourself solely, staying true to what you feel even if it's a "bad" thing.

Example, I find this girl unattractive. Or I look at myself and feel that I am fat, and/or ugly. It can be anything really. I can lie to myself, I can try to create an alternate reality, but the truth will keep coming back in my face.

Being honest with myself will lead to one of two things, either accept what it is, or take steps to change this, and make it a TRUTH, like for example, actually losing weight!

Making it REAL, therefore true.

As long as we lie, and play games, the illusion grows bigger.

Simple?

barbara

Postby barbara » 25 Jul 2011, 21:20

Being honest with myself will lead to one of two things, either accept what it is, or take steps to change this, and make it a TRUTH, like for example, actually losing weight!

Making it REAL, therefore true.

Well, you have to accept it first in order to change it ;)
and you can't make anything a 'truth', as this wouldn't be the 'real truth' as in 'self-truth' anymore, it would be one of the many 'observer-truths' that depend on opinion.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”