Rapid heart beat in the morning

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Ann

Rapid heart beat in the morning

Post by Ann »

Since a while I have at certain times of the month experienced a rapid heart beat after breakfast. It is only at a certain time of the month and not for the rest of the month. I normally have a very slow heart beat of about 57 beats per minute. But then when my heart starts going fast, it can go up to 90 which is very unusual for me. It sort of feels like anxiety, in the chest and also going upwards in the throat.
I thought it was related to food, but now I ate berries first (blueberries) before the other food I eat and it already started after I ate them. And I remember last month it started when I was having oatmeal.
I ordered a glucose meter a while ago but my blood Sugar was perfect and it also responded well. However, I havent tested it yet when I have an "episode" like this, when my heart starts going fast. I only had a couple free test strips so they were empty pretty fast.

Also I NEVER experience this in the afternoon or evening.

Has anyone experienced something similar or know what this could be?

What I am going to do is writing down when I experience this, what I ate, what I felt and thought. I dont notice any particular anxious things in my life currently, but maybe it has been somehow internalized over time since I have been nervous for a lot of things during my life. I think its the most prominent feeling I experience. If I had to name 1 feeling which I experienced the most throughout my entire life: it would be anxiety.

So maybe thats already my answer right there. But it is strange how it only is a few days a month.
Anna

Re: Rapid heart beat in the morning

Post by Anna »

Hi Ann.

Obviously with physical issues, it is suggested to seek medical attention because this is not something that we're qualified to give perspectives on.

However what I'd suggest to look at is what you were experiencing/thinking about at night before you fell asleep because if/when we haven't cleared any points coming up during the day, these will then carry through to the next day. So suggest to slow yourself down and specifically have a look at the thoughts that have been coming up recently. Also if it is a specific pattern in that it happens certain times pr. month, then suggest to write down any thoughts/experiences/what you do at those specific times so that you can identify the pattern.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Anna wrote:Hi Ann.

Obviously with physical issues, it is suggested to seek medical attention because this is not something that we're qualified to give perspectives on.

However what I'd suggest to look at is what you were experiencing/thinking about at night before you fell asleep because if/when we haven't cleared any points coming up during the day, these will then carry through to the next day. So suggest to slow yourself down and specifically have a look at the thoughts that have been coming up recently. Also if it is a specific pattern in that it happens certain times pr. month, then suggest to write down any thoughts/experiences/what you do at those specific times so that you can identify the pattern.
Thx Anna.

I mentioned it to the homeopath but he didnt say much specifically about that. He did give me 2 supplements which helped a lot with other things. I will also mention it to the regular doctor next time we visit.

When I go to bed I usually fall asleep very fast within 5 minutes. There is nothing I worry about or keep thinking about then since I am very tired, and basically I lay down and fall asleep very soon. But maybe it could be from earlier during the day. I'll investigate it and see which patterns I can identify with this. Im going to do this in my notebook and I will later post my finding in this topic here.
Ann

Post by Ann »

I couldn't connect it to any specific points, and I went to the doctor and told her about it.
My normal resting heartbeat is about 55bpm and in the morning ONLY after I eaten something it went up to 70-80 and I felt it. The doctor said it is normal, because your heart pumps more blood to the digestive system. And that is what I was feeling.
Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Cool Ann, thanks for sharing and glad you are ok.
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

The doctor said it is normal, because your heart pumps more blood to the digestive system. And that is what I was feeling.
Cool to know. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”