Hearing beings talk to me in my mind :what is it?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Paul Lombardo

Hearing beings talk to me in my mind :what is it?

Postby Paul Lombardo » 30 Jul 2018, 21:08

So at the moment I am hearing no communication in my head mind unless I choose to let them in, (where as, dependent on how I am breathing lol funny right, not really, these beings can uncontrollably talk and tell me things)and if I choose to listen to them they will answer this question, buuuut I am going to ask it in the physical anyway. My question is this: are these beings connected to me through the unconscious mind?

Paul Lombardo

Re: Hearing beings talk to me in my mind :what is it?

Postby Paul Lombardo » 30 Jul 2018, 21:10

If you're not sure what I am talking about....it is like a little voice talking to me answering questions mostly . I'm sure every human has some sort of voice or words in the head at some point in life.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 02 Aug 2018, 18:34

Hey Paul, so! There are a few interviews I recommend for you to understand the relationship to the 'voices in the head' which you can find here https://eqafe.com/searches?utf8=%E2%9C% ... n+the+head
I recommend the ones at the bottom which are the paranormal ones called: Why Am I Hearing Voices & other Sounds? , The Who in the Guiding Voices, The Guiding Voices in Our Heads

So, as shared in another thread, there are no beings or any sort of spirits anymore talking into anyone's head/mind anymore. Any voice you hear it is your own, therefore there's no connection or no one you are letting in, you are doing it all to yourself.

A way you can consider testing out to change your relationship to those voices is by directly recognizing it is you talking to you, so use your own mind, your own voice as a tool of support for you and your process, which is what the mind is intended to be now if we take direction of it, as support, for the betterment of our moments.

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 13 Aug 2018, 17:47

Coolio

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 19 Feb 2019, 19:47

So thanks to Marlen, I realize that it is my mind I am communicating with which is not actually other people ...but it's me communicating with me . Most of the time it's of self-support... But what happens when my mind starts supporting in a intense way - suggesting that I do things that I don't necessarily want to do - like speak at a moment or do an action....why does the mind become intesified in it's application of 'support'. For example if I am sick and a disease manifest from doing drugs-which happened in the past. ...where my mind was telling me to kill myself and if not 'fear of death'....did the mind get too much energy? Should I just ignore my mind if that occurs....should I always listen to my mind ?

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 19 Feb 2019, 20:32

Paul, really important point: always apply and consider common sense.

Doesn't matter where or who are the words you are listening to...

if you hear such words and you seriously don't know what to do if they are suggesting things like 'kill yourself' this is more serious and I would definitely suggest that you get proper and professional support. It is completely necessary to do that when you are at a point in your life and your awareness where you can't really direct yourself to be able to assess what is common sense - what is best for you

So, no, don't always listen to your mind if it is suggesting any form of self-abuse or harm towards others. Therefore, please do consider this suggestion on getting proper support for that if you are uncertain of how to deal with your personal experience.

This forum is entirely for self support = you share the way that you are supporting yourself through the use of the tools that Desteni provides. We can ask questions and share perspectives on how to assist oneself, and that includes getting professional support if you are at a point where you can't do the regular Self-support on your own. This is for the best of you and that's part of the principles here.

Remember this is not a platform to totally 'solve' this kind of mental conditions, and whatever it is suggested here stands as a personal experience that's shared with an intent of being supportive, but it does not at all replace any form of medical and professional support in the mental health area.

Do consider this please

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 19 Feb 2019, 20:40

I've gotten support and am supported now, but this is just a memory of what happened to me a few years ago. Funny that the mind would say such a things, not funny though. Consequences of drugs I guess. You say the mind is now self-support, yet when I tells you to do wrong things, it's not? I do have common sense too, in that moment I had to ignore my mind my feelings and emotions. Why should anyone ever listen to the mind then?

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 19 Feb 2019, 20:42

Is the mind a lie?

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 19 Feb 2019, 20:43

No it's not a lie, it's a part of you that you have to learn to understand and take responsibility for in order to be directive as it. It's not a 'separate thing' from you, therefore, you are not a lie either.

Leila

Postby Leila » 22 Feb 2019, 14:25

The mind is not good nor bad - it's like a computer, holding a structured functionality. You can install programs that support your everyday life or you can install a whole bunch of things you don't need that drain your computer power, fill it with malware and spyware and what not. It's not the computer who is 'at fault' but what we're putting into it. In terms of the mind being of self support -- this is because the mind provides you a structured way of seeing what it is you have accepted and allowed yourself to become and live as. Like a computer, things are stacked away in folders, things are organized - there' documents, pictures, videos as memories to help guide you to see what it is you are holding on to. If the mind platform was absent, you'd be sitting with the essence of it all in a more abstract way - which would be more difficult to work with. In that sense, the mind is a structured roadmap you can walk with to guide you to all the points you need to 'visit' and work through.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”