Does beingness come through as the breath?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Paul Lombardo

Does beingness come through as the breath?

Postby Paul Lombardo » 17 Apr 2019, 17:34

Does our beingness come through as breath? Spirit is translated as breath. Im trying to bring forth more of my being in everyday life -the darkness of self-employed do I do this through breathing?

Paul Lombardo

Re: Does beingness come through as the breath?

Postby Paul Lombardo » 17 Apr 2019, 17:34

Does our beingness come through as breath? Spirit is translated as breath. Im trying to bring forth more of my being in everyday life -the darkness of self-do I do this through breathing?

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 17 Apr 2019, 22:24

Hi Paul Lombardo,

Breathing is a movement, an expression of your body. Your body and it's capacity to breathe is basically giving you an opportunity to ride along - with the body as breath.

When it comes to self-expression, breathing is specific, in that it allows you to move AS the PHYSICAL EXPRESSION of the body. This gives you the advantage of being able to develop inner stability with and through breathing.

When you are breathing in awareness of your body, you will find that the mind as your thoughts has less of a hold on you. Therefore breathing is a key element in developing your self-expression. Breath is literally the BRIDGE between 'you' and THE PHYSICAL as the body.

You will thus find that self-expression and breathing are very narrowly interlinked, yet self-expression is not defined by breath only.

As you work with self-forgiveness in writing and in speaking it out loud, you will find that self-expression will come though in moments where you did not expect it. Self-expression will come though as part of an accumulation effect where you start to invest in yourself as life through breathing in every moment, writing, self-forgiveness, communicating, sharing.

Here is an interesting vlog from a Destonian made in 2008 where he speaks about the link between supporting oneself and developing self-expression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uil3TpWJyeA

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 18 Apr 2019, 18:07

I would also suggest checking out the entire series of 'Back to Basics' where a lot of the explanations on what is the mind and the various layers, what is beingness etc is explained in detail there. Here's one episode that talks about the Beingness programming https://eqafe.com/p/beingness-programmi ... -to-basics so that you can get a better idea of what it is in fact and how there is work to do at a beingness level, which is one of the deepest aspects of programming that exist when it comes to the relationship of the mind to the physical

So as Gabriel explained, breathing is a point of physicality, of being alive as a body, but your beingness expression is a whole different thing and it just doesn't 'come through' in a breathing moment... that's just you being physically aware of your body. So, there is no 'short cut' in essence, the beingness expression will unfold as one walks the entire process through all the various layers in the mind, which is where I suggest to keep your focus and awareness on, not in trying to 'get somewhere' or 'attain' something or get to see something 'coming through' but... it all unfolds as you walk the process with the basic tools of writings, self forgiveness, self corrective statements and getting to Apply them in real time moments, that's the basics of process so that's why, I suggest not to create further ideas of what the beingness expression is, but keep it simple at the point of you supporting you in every moment that you can.

Paul Lombardo

Postby Paul Lombardo » 18 Apr 2019, 19:04

Ok thanks. Just like to add I read something about breath-that it is something to be aware of as much as possible, even while sleeping. This has been the point that has thrown me off because I breathe all day mostly in awareness doing the pause moments then when it's time to sleep I'm like , "yeah I can't breathe and fall asleep" so I slowly let the mind take over as I drift off. But I have seen that Bernard Poolman said to be aware even during sleep! Wow big shocker. I will try!

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 19 Apr 2019, 01:31

Hi Paul, it's cool that you try and be aware as much as possible, though also to consider that it isn't about making it THE point of focus in your life and you just don't move or think or do anything else... it is about being basically aware of yourself and your body as much as you can... but I cannot say that one can be aware of breathing at night.

So consider looking at what is behind the idea of something 'taking over you' if you're not aware... you are your mind, your mind is not the enemy or some kind of 'evil' to fend off... it is all about integrating awareness in your mind, in your being, in your body and so, it's not something to fear if your mind 'takes over' while sleeping... not a problem with that because it's a basic fact to know we can't yet be direct in every moment including the time when sleeping... so I'd suggest to take it easy as well with this and not to make the breathing point a compulsory type of technique, because it then becomes another system that you believe is 'keeping your mind away' and so create more separation about it.

With everything you listen, there's context to it, so I'd suggest to do that and not single out quotes or what was said because it can be misunderstood as well.

So, you can consider these points too.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 22 Apr 2019, 10:51

Ok thanks. Just like to add I read something about breath-that it is something to be aware of as much as possible, even while sleeping. This has been the point that has thrown me off because I breathe all day mostly in awareness doing the pause moments then when it's time to sleep I'm like , "yeah I can't breathe and fall asleep" so I slowly let the mind take over as I drift off. But I have seen that Bernard Poolman said to be aware even during sleep! Wow big shocker. I will try!

Hi Paul, the statements Bernad made - as indicated by Marlen - need to be placed into context. Sometimes Bernad would say things simply to prove what is possible - but within that the actual process must be considered. Meaning, you must work with these points in relation to 'where you are at' in your process. For instance it will be pointless to 'focus' on trying to remain aware during sleep - when you are still practising the point of breathing in your day to day life and during your day to day activities. So you must work with the points that are 'here'. For instance, you may find that even though remaing aware of your breathing during sleep is not possible right now - you may find that you can for instance work on remaining aware of your breathing while you are lying in bed up until you fall asleep. This in and of itself will already support you greatly with asserting your self-direction and self-support within yourself.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 05 May 2019, 11:15

Here is another perspective on self-expression I recommend watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9G7Tft ... ture=share

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”