Are these things Real or Mind?

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Paul Lombardo

Are these things Real or Mind?

Post by Paul Lombardo »

Is smoking Tobacco real or a system/mind
Is masturbation real or a system/mind?
Is sex real/physical or system/mind?
Is weed alcohol tobacco coke heroin etc real ?

For myself , if the unreal realm exists or if something is not real then it has things within that. I assume the mind is not real because Sunette said so. Physical is real . What we see is real. What’s going on in the mind is not real. So tobacco in itself is real but what it does to the mind must not be. Bernard said anything experienced on drugs is not real. I am learning this whole idea of what is real and what is not. For example if I say that right now I can fly to the moon but can’t do it. Then that statement is not real etc.

Just list some things that are real and some things that are not please.

Marlen

Re: Are these things Real or Mind?

Post by Marlen »

How I see it is that if something happens in your mind and you act upon it, you live out such thoughts or emotion out even If it just affects your experience at an internal level, then that becomes real because it becomes who you are in a moment in your body.

Secondly at this stage the mind is completely merged in the physical body, hence the mayhem you might be seeing in the world right now. This was also explained over a decade ago in terms of how and why.

That means, I wouldn't necessarily be dwelling upon such thoughts of what is real and what isn't. It's simple: If something affects you in any way at a physical level, then it becomes real.

What we can do is decide what we accept and allow to affect us and how and assessing if it is best for oneself and so best for all to act out such thoughts or ideas that do emerge in our mind.

Any physical expression is real, including the effect of drugs since it changes the chemistry in your body or alters your perception. Is all of that best for all? That is the real question and point to asses by each person. Therefore this is about self honesty and not questioning what is real or not. It's about one's starting point or reason for doing or acting something out.

That's why writing and self forgiveness are essential to getting to understand you and your reasoning behind every action, word, thought or habit you may have and align yourself in them accordingly. This can't be a single right or wrong thing, nor can it be good or bad
This is about self honesty and that's why it is an individual process for each to discover what of us is real as self expression and what of us was or is motivated by our minds

Makes sense?

Paul Lombardo

Post by Paul Lombardo »

So don’t think about what’s real and what’s not but what’s best for all. It’s hard to know what’s best for all. I mean, I would say drugs is not best for all , even caffeine or nicotine , but that’s an addiction process. I mean , I’ll go all day just drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes, and not eating and I don’t think that’s best for all. Mind you, I don’t drink alcohol or smoke weed at all because I’m on meds for mental illness and I can’t do those things so I just do caffeine and smoke. If I hope to one day get off the psych drugs, and face the consequences of that, I can’t also be drinking large amounts of coffee or smoke; I’ll get sick. This is just my current thoughts on what is best for all. Some may argue that drugs are best for all but I don’t think drug addiction is best for all. When I walked the dip lite course a reoccurring self forgiveness point was coffee(I wasn’t smoking then), and I self committed to a practical degree of cutting back slowly : a process of change. So yes that’s where I’m at.

Paul Lombardo

Post by Paul Lombardo »

Also, what does it mean that “the mind is merged with the physical”?

Marlen

Post by Marlen »

It means that the mind is no longer some kind of separate entity from us, it is fused or completely embedded in the physical body, so there's no separation of it. This means that we can say things like I am addicted to coffee, instead of saying my mind is addicted to coffee. Who we are is completely the mind as well since it has become physical just as our body.

So, this process is also to learn to discern what is best for ones body in order to take ourselves to a point of well being or health, not only in terms of physical habits like what we eat or drink or exercise wise, but also what we decide to think and how we can use our mind in a supportive way to direct ourselves in this process of change and self creation, in full responsibility of ourselves.

Hope that is clear to you :)

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”