Cover of "Imagine"

Maya

Re: Cover of "Imagine"

Post by Maya »

I like this!
will wait for Matti to provide the piano track :-)

CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

Fidelis can mix / master all the tracks

Antoaneta

Post by Antoaneta »

I don't own any equipment or know how to do the editing part, but I can participate in singing. I will try this a point of pushing a fear point in singing as I don't think of myself as a good singer (as part of personal process). Is the song that is being picked the "Imagine"? Where can I hear it?

Pablo Adolfo

Post by Pablo Adolfo »

That's awesome, Cerise! Antoaneta, here you can listen to the original song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVg2EJvvlF8

I have 2 more suggestions:

- Start practicing now and let us know if the key (C) suits your voices or needs a change (a higher/lower key). The idea would be to have the possible suggestions before Matti makes the piano track so he won't have to create too many versions later. - Though when recording pianos using programs, changing Key requires only a few clicks. Just saying here.

- The original song also has drums. Will we add them as well? If so, who can have them done whether on a computer software or real drums recorded by microphones in a studio/room.

All for now...

Anna

Post by Anna »

I am definitely in too.

Those of us who are able to could also do duets to give it a little more flavor.

I definitely vote yes to the drums.

CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

We can tweak and play with sounds and instruments around till we come out with the best final version :) For now let's focus on getting the piano track, then everyone recording (as in film yourself!) themselves.

Since we will be dealing with mostly cellphone recordings we may not get the best quality, but it'll still be super cooooool

Kristina

Post by Kristina »

Such an awesome idea - I liked the version you shared, Cerise, where people were talking (for those of us not so able to stay in-tune) - is that an option as well for those that may want to record/be a part of the video?

CerisePoolman

Post by CerisePoolman »

Sure Kristina

Matti Freeman

Post by Matti Freeman »

Kristina (and others) - I will work with Fidelis to find a cool way to utilize the vocals people submit. Not sure exactly what form it will be but we'll find out, lol.

Piano track will be available shortly.

Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

Matti Freeman wrote:Kristina (and others) - I will work with Fidelis to find a cool way to utilize the vocals people submit. Not sure exactly what form it will be but we'll find out, lol.

Piano track will be available shortly.
Awesome thanks guys!

Return to “Music for Equality”