Christine's Journey to Life

Place your Blogs Here
christine

Re: Christine's Journey to Life

Postby christine » 21 Apr 2015, 20:23

http://christineannhansen.blogspot.com/ ... i-was.html

Day 598 - That's Not The Response I Was Expecting

Yesterday I went to talk with my neighbor. I have been more active in my apartment and wanted to make sure I was not bothering her as she lives below me.

So, an interesting thing happened while talking to her. After asking her if she could hear me more and if it was bothering her, I see/realize/understand that I had expected/anticipated her to answer in a certain way. When she answered differently, I found myself 'trying' to manipulate the situation/her response to actualize what I 'thought' she should say.

As, I became aware of what I was doing, where I was actually talking 'at her' instead of 'to her'. I immediately breathed and slowed down within myself. I then stopped talking and really looked at her and listened to what she had to say. So my actions showed me that I had a 'hidden agenda' and that my 'good will' was really just a cover-up for self-interest/self-validation, from a starting point of 'seeing' myself as the 'good neighbor', looking for approval outside of myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to 'pride' myself on being a good neighbor, coming from a starting point of a positive energy mind experience, instead of seeing/realizing that being a good neighbor is not an experience of the mind, requiring positive feedback, but an actual, physical expression of doing what is best for all in every moment, breathing, being present, so as to take into consideration all aspects of one's physical surroundings.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to try and manipulate a conversation to reach an imaginary conclusion that I had created in my mind before I even had the conversation in real time.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not really listen to another, but, in fact, talk 'at' someone, instead of 'to' someone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react within myself when I did not receive the response I was looking for, not realizing that I actually had a 'hidden agenda' before I ever started this conversation and that I reacted because I was coming from a starting point of self-interest, looking for approval outside of myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to come across as being considerate and a good neighbor, yet I see/realize/understand that living those qualities are such that I can ask myself, that I can check for myself and that I do not need validation/acceptance from another, as that must come from me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself, while talking with my neighbor, tense up when not given the response I was expecting, actually seeing that I was holding my breath in anticipation of what I 'thought' she would say, thus feeling tense when her words were not the words I had envisioned in my mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not look within myself before starting a conversation, making sure there was no movement within me and that my starting point was clear and I was stable.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to instead anticipate a sort of lift within myself, when being validated for my 'good neighbor' intentions, as sort of a pat on the back from another in separation of myself and another as myself, instead of looking at the situation myself, making sure that I was doing everything physically possible to be considerate of another thereby not seeking a positive energy fix for my mind.

When and as I see myself experiencing myself as the 'good neighbor', thus in separation of myself, seeking approval outside of myself, I stop and I breathe, I bring myself back here, in real time, to myself, attending to the immediate task at hand, in specificity, calm and stable, supporting myself and thus supporting others as myself.

When and as I am seeking to have a conversation with another, I stop and I breathe, I look inside myself and make sure that I am clear and stable, thereby not trying to manipulate the conversation to an imagined outcome, just being present, communicating with another in real time, really listening to another, making eye contact, sharing of myself and accepting and allowing another to share themselves, their words, their point of view.

christine

Postby christine » 05 May 2015, 20:16

http://christineannhansen.blogspot.com/ ... pport.html

Day 599 - Pillars of Support

I recently had an interesting encounter that I would like to share. As I've stated in many other blogs, I am a caregiver and assist a 90 year old woman that lives in a semi-assisted/fully assisted/independent senior community.

My client has recently gone through a plethora of medical issues these past few months, and as I was leaving her place one of her friends stopped and asked me how she was doing.

I explained what my client's symptoms were at the moment and the response I received from this woman greatly assisted and supported ME.

Her response was 'at our age things don't get fixed they get different', and as she was talking I became aware of how calm and stable and accepting she was, and in that moment I was able to see that I wasn't! I was sort of holding my breath and definitely engaged in energy.

So, as the woman stood before me, I was able to take a step back within myself, breathe and slow myself down, and stabilize myself as she was standing as a pillar of support.

When we take the time to stop and share ourselves and really listen, really look into the eyes of another, it becomes very apparent that we all have so much we can learn, give/receive, support and be supported by one another in our everyday daily lives. It's Just That Simple.

christine

Postby christine » 20 May 2015, 20:47

http://christinehansen29.blogspot.com/2 ... sness.html

600 - Senior Poverty and Homelessness

I have been a caregiver for elderly women for some time now, and I have seen, first-hand how expensive it is to grow old.

My current client lives in a semi-assisted living facility, which is quite expensive. She has all her meals prepared for her and her apartment is cleaned by staff. She has aides to assist her with dressing, bathing, taking medication. She gets her hair done once a week as she has reached a point in her life where she cannot do these simple chores on her own.

And, this is nothing to say about the doctor appointments, physical therapy, medications, that are somewhat covered by her insurance, still leaving a great expense for the family.

So, basically all the day to day activities, that at one time, she could do on her own, she now requires assistance with and this all costs money.

"Poverty among the elderly is growing. And deep or extreme poverty - defined by the government as a single person earning $5,700 a year or less - has taken a jump that even experts find astonishing."
Washington, DC – "One in six older Americans lives below the federal poverty line, according to a new government analysis which almost doubles the number of very poor seniors compared to the standard estimate."
"Too often, the struggles of elder poverty are invisible to policymakers and the public, yet millions are suffering and millions more are living on the edge of a financial crisis."

And, taking this a step further...

"When thinking about homelessness, the elderly people issue doesn’t immediately come to our mind. Homeless elders, although increasing in numbers, continue to be a forgotten population."

And scenes like this are not uncommon..

"On the afternoon of Jan. 17, when the temperature dipped below freezing, a family from Kingman drove to Wichita, dumped a 78-year-old relative at the Inter-Faith Inn homeless shelter and quickly drove away.
They left her on the sidewalk with her wheelchair and a few suitcases.
“She wasn’t crying,” case manager Amanda Merritt recalled. “But she was upset about the situation. She said they were kicking her out."

Some statistics...

"A 2010 study by the Homeless Research Institute, an arm of the National Alliance to End Homelessness, projected that the number of elderly people who are homeless would increase by 33 percent, from 44,172 in 2010 to 58,772 by 2020, and would double to 95,000 by 2050."
"The current maximum monthly SSI benefits ($674.00 for an individual) remains well below the poverty line."

"Furthermore, the waiting list for affordable senior housing is often three to five years."

"With less income for other necessities such as food, medicine, and health care, these populations are particularly vulnerable to homelessness. Overall economic growth will not alleviate the income and housing needs of elderly poor people, as returning to work or gaining income through marriage are often unlikely."

With more and more baby boomers reaching and surpassing retirement, there is a glut on the agencies that have been set up to provide for them. And to add to this, these agencies have been faced with drastic funding reductions, which is having dire consequences on the senior population.

What is the solution? A Guaranteed Living Income..

http://livingincome.me/

"The Living Income Guaranteed (“L.I.G.”) is a Proposal that addresses the immediate and pressing problem of massive world inequality. Current economic and political policies implemented to promote prosperity and the well-being of the world’s disenfranchised may have, to a degree, been able to facilitate economic growth, but the bounties of this growth have yet to reach those who most need it. The Living Income Guaranteed will assist and support those individuals within society that find themselves in a disadvantaged position as a result of this structural ineffectiveness and inadequacy. The Living Income Guaranteed will provide Equal Opportunity for all; functioning as the medium through which nations will be able to remediate the most direct and negative effects of capitalism, while maintaining many of the unique strengths that such a system embodies. The Living Income Guaranteed will thus aid in balancing growth with sustainability; ensuring and securing Fundamental Human Rights for everyone."

Let's join together to eradicate poverty, homelessness, hopelessness, needless suffering, once and for all, getting at the core of the problem, with a solution which is best for all.

Investigate this important site:

Equal Life Foundation

christine

Postby christine » 07 Jun 2015, 00:57

http://christinehansen29.blogspot.com/2 ... sters.html

601 - Movie Disasters vs. Real Life Disasters

Recently the movie San Andreas came out bringing in a whopping $54.8 million in its first weekend. So, people flocked to the theaters to be scared, freaked out about a disaster that could/can happen, that was sensationalized by Hollywood with a huge profit for the movie industry moguls.

While here in California where Hollywood is located, we are in the worst drought in 1200 years, which is greatly impacting the $43 billion agricultural industry, which is representative in California being the 6th largest economy in the world, where wells have run dry, farms have closed, workers are out of a job and it does not stop there.

So while Governor Brown has mandated a 25% decrease in personal water supply, raising water prices, and penalizing those, financially, that go over this allotted amount, this mandatory decrease has not been extended to the farmers. Now here is really sort of a catch-22, because even though the farmers aren't required to decrease their water usage, the fact is, there isn't any water, where there once was. So, what have the farmers done about this and what is the consequences that are occurring?

http://www.naturalnews.com/046405_droug ... ornia.html

(NaturalNews) The drought-stricken state of California is sinking into itself at an alarming rate, suggests a new report by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). The continued over-pumping of groundwater in many parts of the state -- the direct result of a historic three-year dry spell -- is creating empty pockets of earth that are causing the ground to literally drop, in some places by as much as one foot per year.."

What impact does industry have on the drought?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mp4ELXKv-w

"California oil producers used 214 acre-feet of water, equivalent to nearly 70 million gallons, in the process of fracking for oil and gas in the state last year.."

And what about animal agriculture? THIS IS A MUCH WATCH!

-

"Livestock is the leading cause of deforestation, water consumption and pollution.."

KEEGAN KUHN: "You know, the drought in California is being caused primarily from climate change, and there’s not enough rainfall. Average rainfall has decreased. But really what we’re dealing with is a water shortage, not only just a drought. California is using more water than it actually has available to it. And as you said, 47 percent of a Californian’s water footprint is made up in meat and dairy products. So these are very water-intensive products, and that Californians and Americans are consuming, which, again, is exacerbating the already drought conditions.

AARON MATÉ: And, Keegan, how does livestock compare to other environmental dangers, like fracking, for example?

KEEGAN KUHN: You know, fracking is a great example. Fracking gets a lot of attention because of water use. Fracking uses about 100 billion gallons of water every year in the United States, which is a tremendous amount of water. But animal agriculture uses in excess of 34 trillion gallons of water, so it’s magnitudes greater
.."

Above are just some of the real life disasters just happening in California alone, which is only the tip of the iceberg as far as real life disasters in this world.

What are some solutions to our ever growing real life disasters in this world?

Well, first of all we need to look at people. How many millions of people in this world are hungry, homeless, suffering? How can we as a people, collectively, address these real life disasters in our world when we can't even address our own personal life disasters?

Therefore we need to put money into the hands of all of us, get out of survival mode, so we can come together to effect real change in this world where the bottom line is not profit and greed but a system which honors each and every one of us, creating dignified lives, dignified human beings.

With a Guaranteed Living Income - Read the Proposal - We can make a difference. However, this will take time and there are pressing matters that really need our immediate attention.

We need to think globally and act locally. Look around at our immediate surroundings and see where there is a need that can be fulfilled. Educate ourselves on where we live, what's happening in our community, our states, our country and participate with others that also see that need and are taking action.

The bottom line is that we created all these real life disasters in this world, and dropping all shame, blame and regret, it is time to stand up, take responsibility for what we have accepted in this world, come together and implement real, viable, sustainable solutions for our lives, our children's lives, the animal kingdom and our earth itself.

We really can't wait for 'them' to fix this as WE are THEM!

Join Us!

Investigate these links:

Eradicating Ecocide

Equal Life Foundation

-

christine

Postby christine » 18 Jun 2015, 22:25

http://christinehansen29.blogspot.com/2 ... iving.html

602 - The Briefcase vs. A Guaranteed Living Income

Have you watched the new CBS show The Briefcase?

TV show description:

"Hard-working American families who’ve been experiencing financial hard times are presented with a briefcase that contains a very large sum of money — $101,000. They must then make a difficult decision — do they keep all of the money for themselves, or do they give all or part of it to another family in need?
They have 72 hours to learn about the other family’s challenging circumstances and make their choice. What they don’t know is that the other family has received an identical briefcase with the same instructions. Each episode culminates with the reveal of each family’s decisions and viewers are then given an update on how the experience and/or the money has changed their lives."

What I initially saw while watching this program, is how every single one of the people, upon opening the briefcase, was shocked, overwhelmed, breaking into tears. Then throughout the program all the individuals were placed in an emotional turmoil in trying to make, what they considered to be the right decision, realizing their own needs yet being presented with others that were also in need.

Should receiving money be so anxiety-ridden? Or is it living with the lack of money to meet one's needs that is triggered upon receiving such a large sum of money? Why do we all accept and allow the existence of a system that diminishes us, where we accept less as the norm and then when presented with 'free' money experience an initial response of disbelief.

Are we not all worthy of a quality life where all our needs are met? Where financial struggle is no longer an issue? Aren't we all entitled to an equal life? Instead of living from a starting point of profit, establishing and living the principle of what is best for all would assist and support all life on our earth.

So how is it possible to practically implement a system that supports all life? What is the Solution?

Investigate a Guaranteed Living Income:

"The Living Income Guaranteed (“L.I.G.”) is a Proposal that addresses the immediate and pressing problem of massive world inequality. Current economic and political policies implemented to promote prosperity and the well-being of the world’s disenfranchised may have, to a degree, been able to facilitate economic growth, but the bounties of this growth have yet to reach those who most need it. The Living Income Guaranteed will assist and support those individuals within society that find themselves in a disadvantaged position as a result of this structural ineffectiveness and inadequacy. The Living Income Guaranteed will provide Equal Opportunity for all; functioning as the medium through which nations will be able to remediate the most direct and negative effects of capitalism, while maintaining many of the unique strengths that such a system embodies. The Living Income Guaranteed will thus aid in balancing growth with sustainability; ensuring and securing Fundamental Human Rights for ever

How do we even know who we really are or what we are truly capable of when we are so distracted with making ends meet financially, where throughout our whole lives money, the lack of money, is our number one concern to support ourselves, our families, our world? What if that worry was eliminated?

Join Us!

Important Link:

Equal Life Foundation

christine

Postby christine » 23 Jun 2015, 18:55

http://christineannhansen.blogspot.com/ ... ce_61.html

Day 603 - Homesick for a Place

There is a very supportive EQAFE series on Homesickness that I will post here.

https://eqafe.com/p/homesick-understand ... s-part-302
https://eqafe.com/p/homesick-emotional- ... s-part-303
https://eqafe.com/p/homesick-letting-go ... s-part-304
https://eqafe.com/p/homesick-creating-y ... s-part-305
https://eqafe.com/p/homesick-reminisce- ... s-part-306

I have been facing/investigating this point for some time now, where I would feel homesick, not for people, but more for a place, the forest, the mountains, when seeing pictures of same, I would still have a feeling of homesickness/nostalgia come up.

I discovered several points in listening to this series. First of all my homesickness was not in relation to people but to a place where I used to live, on the East Coast in the U.S., in the mountains of California. When I would see a setting in a movie and/or pictures of forests, mountains, there was still that longing to return there.

Through walking my process with Desteni, I have applied self-forgiveness/self-correction applications when and as this 'feeling' came up. I would use my breath to slow myself down, yet there was still something I was missing in my application.

Upon listening to this series, I realized that I was still resisting this 'feeling' that came up, instead of directing myself Here, and then looking around at where I am now, where I live now, asking myself how fully engaged am I in my life Here? What do I enjoy about where I live now? Why am I here?
Do I want to go back and live in the mountains? Do I want to live on the east coast?

So, what I did was use my imagination constructively, picturing myself living where I used to live in the mountains, living on the east coast, and what I realized was that I was where I wanted to be, right here. I also realized that this did not have to diminish my enjoyment of spending time in the forests and/or mountains, nor did I have to lock myself into nostalgia/homesickness, which is a pattern/program of the mind, thus missing the opportunity to fully engage in my present life, thus giving myself the opportunity to create my Life Here where I am!

I highly recommend this series and for that matter any and all EQAFE recordings as one is presented with valuable insight/information, plus practical applications that when applied are highly assisting and supporting to change patterns/programming within oneself.

christine

Postby christine » 07 Jul 2015, 06:51

http://christinehansen29.blogspot.com/2 ... works.html

604 - The "Tradition" of Fireworks

What if fireworks were banned and there were no more firework displays on the Fourth of July or on New Year's Eve or at Disneyland or any other place or time for that matter? Would people be up in arms? And if so why?

Are fireworks tied to our memories and therefore when an occasion arises where fireworks have always played a major part, we cannot imagine that event without fireworks because we 'remember' all the firework displays in the past? Because the event just wouldn't be the same without them?

Yet how many children do you know that are afraid of fireworks and not to mention how reactive your pets become?

Let's look at some of the facts of fireworks:

http://www.backcountryattitude.com/fire ... ature.html

Do You Enjoy the Mountains?
To manufacture fireworks the ingredients are often produced from elements that are mined from the earth. Some mining actually involves the incredibly destructive process of mountain top removal. Forests on the mountains are clear-cut destroying wildlife habitat. The leftover waste rock is then dumped into the valleys which are filled in, completely burying any valley streams. Water runoff can pollute water downstream. It is an environmental catastrophe that these mountains are gone forever.

Fireworks Pollute Our Natural Resources
Do You Value Trees?
To produce fireworks cardboard and paper are used. This consumes trees. Although trees are a renewable natural resource it is very depressing to hike thru a fresh clearcut, especially when the cut was done with no regard or buffer for the actual trail.
Fireworks started about 32,300 fires per year from 2000-2004. More fires happen on the 4th of July holiday than on any other day of the year. It would be a shame if a fireworks accident burnt down your favorite forest.
Is Clean Air Important to You?
The combustion cloud of fireworks can contain harmful fumes and toxic dusts that negatively impact our air quality. Air pollution from fireworks can drift from cities and can contribute to poor visibility and haze in our parks and forests. Jane Elder from the Sierra Club once correctly stated: "pollution never goes away, it just goes somewhere else".
Don't You Deserve Clean Water?
The fallout from fireworks can contaminate our water supplies and the residues that are left on the ground or that precipitate out of the air can be carried away by rain and end up in our rivers or lakes. Can your water filtration system remove perchlorate or other toxic firework byproducts

http://www.mnn.com/family/family-activi ... nvironment

"Fireworks are an environmental disaster. All those pretty colors come from somewhere, right? Reds are the product of strontium and lithium; copper burns blue and releases dioxins, which cause cancer; magnesium, titanium and aluminum make white sparks; sodium chloride is used for orange-yellow; boric acid for green; and potassium and rubidium produce purple. And, get this, radioactive barium produces sparkly greens."

And another very important point:

"More than 80 million children worldwide are employed in dangerous work, International Labour Organization figures show. In Guatemala, many work in the fireworks industry, but as ILO TV now reports, the challenge is to find poor families alternative sources of income." "A hub of the fireworks industry, believed by some to be second only to Liuyang, the Chinese fireworks city, Sivakasi in southern India's Tamil Nadu state with its 800 odd fireworks units, is synonymous with child labour, a reputation it finds difficult to shake off. Ideally suited for fireworks manufacture thanks to a dry climate and low rainfall, Sivakasi caught the public eye when activists exposed the rampant child labour employed in its factories."

Why in the face of the reality of the consequences of fireworks would we as a people continue a 'tradition' that is harmful/dangerous to our children, our animals, our environment?

Are fireworks continued because they are an incredibly lucrative business amassing millions of dollars year in and year out? And why is it that countries have enough money for costly firework displays yet not enough money to take care of their citizens?

What if all those millions of dollars were spent in ways to support people, animals and the very earth itself instead of lining the pockets of those who profit from the continued assault on the environment, causing harm to our children and the animals?

It's time to stand up and really look at our world, look at our 'traditions' and ask ourselves are we going to continue to do harm? Or are we going to make decisions which are best for all concerned?

Investigate a Guaranteed Living Income and the Equal Life Foundation. Let us redistribute the wealth to include all of us, let's stand up for an Equal Life for all.

christine

Postby christine » 04 Aug 2015, 19:08

http://christineannhansen.blogspot.com/ ... table.html

Day 605 - Holding Ourselves Accountable

For the past month I have been posting/sharing information that I have become aware of on my facebook page and through twitter regarding vaccines. From information in what is in them to the dramatic increase in the actual vaccine schedule for children, also reporting on the countless cases of children and adults who have been injured/damaged and died due to these toxic cocktails being introduced into their systems. I have shared information from 'whistleblowers' and the recent 'suspicious' deaths of doctors who have spoken out, along with their documented data.

I have also shared information on vaccines themselves and their origin.

The moment a child is born they are immediately injected with a substance which causes 'stress' upon their physical body, the beginning of their poisoning.

What are vaccines showing us? What do they and this system represent as a projection of ourselves?

From the moment we are born, a system is put into place, a mind-construct system, that consists of thoughts, feelings, emotions that poisons our bodies, just as a vaccination does yet we are oblivious to this, believing that we are our thoughts, feelings and emotions, sort of like the same way we 'believe' in what we have been told from medical/pharmaceutical industries.

The point I'm making here is that in order to create a solution we must first look to ourselves as to what we have accepted and allowed, not in judgment or blame, but in standing up and taking responsibility for what we see 'out' there and understanding that there is no 'out' there and that we are all equally responsible, and that being said, responsibility creates change through action. Yet how do we go about creating these changes?

How do we create a change within ourselves to effect a change within this world? Where do we start? We start with ourselves.

I am not placing a 'simplistic' point of view here, as concerned/frightened parents are looking for solutions now as there have been laws put into place that require immediate attention, and that being said, I do not have the immediate solutions, only the necessary steps needed to take to create the solutions.

I have recently had a huge 'aha' moment, so to speak, realizing that walking out of the mind-construct system is only part of the solution, that in fact, there is a world system that has also been put into place and thus must equally be walked with just as much specificity as the mind-construct process.

As we look around this world, everything is intensifying in every sector. It's time to ask the hard questions and take action, realizing that it is up to each one of us individually yet we must come together collectively, as we are destroying/poisoning the very life that supports us.

After all, we are all Life.

Return to “7 Years Journey to Life”