Ruben Journey To Life

Place your Blogs Here
Ruben

Re: Ruben Journey To Life

Postby Ruben » 23 Feb 2018, 20:07

Day 61: When Someone Dies

Today I attended a funeral. It was the funeral of my science teacher's wife.She was 71 and had been ill for a while. The death of this woman made me think about my life, how I have to push more, not be so complacent with myself, it is a reminder of the short time we have here on Earth and that we don't know when we are going to go, when our time is up.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be complacent with myself and not push myself effectively for change.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to forget about pushing myself for change.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take for granted the time I have here on Earth.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that my time here on Earth is limited.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to do things right just because someone else is gone now and it might be my turn next, instead of doing it by principle of what is best for all.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to act in fear of dying instead of self-movement.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear dying instead of focusing on doing what is best for all at all times so if I die I would die knowing that I did my best.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to live as if I am not going to die.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume that tomorrow I will still be alive.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to assume that next breathe I will still be alive.

I commit myself to remind myself that I could die at any moment, so I have to live in a way that if I was to die the next breathe, I'd be satisfied with my life - so walk the principle of what is Best for All.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 23 Feb 2018, 20:09

Day 62: Valuing Myself Despite Everything

If I look at myself and my life I have 'fallen' many times. But it is not the many times I have fallen but the many times that I have stood up. I have had to start over many times, but it is not the many times I have had to start over but the fact that I am still on path. It doesn't matter that my path has been at times in circles but that I have found a way to stop them. It is not a matter of how long it has taken me to really start walking seriously but the fact that I am pushing daily to walk steadfast.

It is not time to look back in regret for the time I have lost, or entertain the thought of what if, who would I be now had I walked differently - but to learn from my mistakes and walk knowing where are my pitfalls, what do I need to do to not repeat the same mistakes again.

To learn from the past to not repeat the same mistakes, and never look back - but forgive and let go.

In the past I waited for something that would make me change, now I don't wait anymore as I have already a lot of stuff to deal with and waiting will simply add more stuff making it more difficult to stand up for myself - so always, the best time to start is here now.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to entertain the thought of who would I be had I walked differently in the past.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not value the fact that despite everything, I am still walking.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that mistakes are there to learn from them and not repeat them.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not value the fact that I have stood up for myself as many times as I have fallen.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see my strenght in being here walking despite everything that has happened in my life.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to use my strenght to reinforce myself daily to be stronger to walk effectively and push for change effectively.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see and value myself as a force to be reckoned, for I have despite everything being able to be back, walking despite everything that has happened in my life.

I commit myself to let go of the past, and never look back, but instead walk daily effectively, pushing for self-change and self-improvement.

I commit myself to remind myself that I can be and become so much more if I apply my will to walk into changing myself effectively.

I commit myself to not wait for something to happen in order for me to change, but instead push for change daily no matter what.

I commit myself to start over the necessary times until I have it done, starting over every day if necessary, as every day is a new opportunity for change.

I commit myself to use every day as an opportunity for self-change and self improvement.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 23 Feb 2018, 20:11

Day 63: End Your Problems

Today I did an improvised candle with a lighter and a rubber band. You know, putting the rubber band around the lighter button, the rubber band kept the lighter button pressed- lol. All kinds of things we can invent, silly things like the one I 'invented' today or more advanced things. We can also invent a dysfunctional self or a functional self. By default we create ourselves in general as a working yet dysfunctional self in that we have addictions and patterns that prevent us from being the best version of ourselves. And you see, we don't have to judge ourselves because we didn't know better, but we have to correct ourselves once we are aware of the problems and know how to solve them.

Like Lao Tzu said: 'Stop thinking, and end your problems'

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not apply myself to walk the solution to my problems/addictions.

I forgive myself that I've not accepted and allowed myself to remind myself to walk my problems/addictions into solutions applying the tools of self-honesty, self forgiveness and practical application.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to give myself the full opportunity to stop my problems/stop my addictions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not look into and let run rampant my problems and addictions.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to that walking process means to stop my problems effectively.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed to see that the challenges I face are my problems and my addictions.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to fully challenge my problems and my addictions as the main tasks I face currently in my life.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see problems and addictions as a cool challenge to challenge myself and test myself out on my resolve, directiveness and assertiveness.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to live fully the statement 'Stop thinking and end your problems'.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to cling onto my problems and limitations and addictions in fear of change, fear of the new.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to limit myself by continuing participation in my limitations as problems and addictions, so I don't change - to not have to take responsibility for myself and the world as a whole.

I commit myself to remind myself that problems and addictions are there to challenge my resolve, so I face them with joy and eagerness as I test myself and my resolve to stop them.

I commit myself to remind myself that problems and addictions are not something to dread or be afraid of, but to 'play' with by stopping them effectively to see how stronger we are than they are.

I commit myself to remind myself that I am in fact stronger than my problems and my addictions - and that I can't see it yet because I have not really faced them with all that I've got.

I commit myself to stop my limitations as problems and addictions, so that I allow myself to change to a better version of myself and take responsibility for myself and the world.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 24 Feb 2018, 21:47

Day 64: Self-Doubt vs Self-Trust

Sometimes you/I don't have the time to blog, and that's cool, but some other times I have a little bit of time and try to make it work. It is what is happening today where I have a little time. What can I tell you in a little time? What can I tell me? Will it be less valuable because it is told in a little time? Or more valuable because I try to sum it up? Life is not always what we expect. Today was a good day, I managed to wait six tables that came more or less around the same time. I say life it is not what you expect because you can't always expect to have a lot of time to do things, sometimes you have to make it fit. As I was saying today was a good day, I am more grounded at work and more certain of my capacity as a waiter. So today the theme is about Self-Doubt, about why have I doubted myself in my life in general and in my work - how have I doubted myself when seeing that when I apply myself in something, be it waitressing or studying for example for the driving test - I get good results.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself instead of applying myself to be the best I can be in what I do.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not trust that I can do things well.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself eventhough I can see I have the capacity for doing things well/I am capable of doing things well.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to allow the experience of having failed in the past to 'set in' and make me doubt myself in everything I do.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see the equation of doing and obtaining where if I put effort I obtain results, and this is generally true.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear not being a good waiter, fear not passing an exam instead of trusting my training, of trusting myself.

I commit myself to remind myself to trust myself in what I do.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 25 Feb 2018, 12:40

Day 65: How Can I Cheer You Up?

Lately I have not allowed myself to let anything interfere with my daily blogging.
Lately I have been noticing how it is easier for me to express myself thorugh writting, and I want to express myelf more - So I have written daily blogs and more on Steemit.

I have been seeing that I can accomplish things, trust myself more. I passed the driving test with 0 mistakes. At my job I am more trusting of myself and what I am capable to do as a waiter.

When I write about a problem and forgive myself, it helps me out in my daily living, I correct myself - I just listed some of the immediate benefits I have seen on daily blogging and self forgiveness. I am sure there are more to come, but for me it has been very important because before I was not trusting on myself on my job for example and now I am more relaxed and at ease because I know what I am capable of doing.

I don't know dear reader what points you are struggling with, but it would help to write them out and forgive yourself as I have been doing lately.

Before, I knew about self forgiveness, but the course that helped me understand it better and start to know how my mind works to be able to help myself is the Desteni I Process Lite. It is a free online course that helps you help yourself, through giving you essential Life skills.

Whenever I stumble upon a Steemian that needs help or anyone in general, I wish they could hear me and walk the DIP Lite. It is not the easiest path looking it from the outside, but it is the fastest easiest way to deal with any problem you may face in your life, anything at all. I can attest to that and the only way you can see if this is true or not is by testing it out.

With walking the DIP Lite I get the tools and the know-how necessary to take responsibility for myself and my life.

So I can't really cheer you up, but I can show you how I have been able to cheer myself up, and it is through having walked DIP Lite and daily blogging, along with applying what I write about in my daily living. And it is a Journey that I am sharing with you, that I commit myself to walk at least 7 years of daily blogging - so it is not finished, but now I found a purpose, of bettering myself and my life, and if I can assist others in the process, I am very glad.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 26 Feb 2018, 15:07

Day 66: How I Overcame Stage Fright Before Work

Whenever I went to work, there was this scenic fear/stage fright, like the calm before the storm, because I don't know how the service is going to go, if I will have many costumers at the same time for example, if they will be very demanding of me or not. Something similar happens when I am about to write a blog, at times I know what I am going to write about but other times like today, I did not know what to write about so I decided to write about this fear that emerges before going to work or before blogging, this stage fright.

Every song 'starts with a silence', then an intro and then the vocals/song. In making this correlation I stopped fearing the 'silence before the storm' - it is natural this silence the moments before starting my work as a waiter and it doesn't mean there is an impending doom. Because I know that I have practiced the song so to speak, that I am well versed in my job, I know what I have to do and how to do it effectively, in other words I trust myself. So now instead of being frightened of the silence before going to work, I enjoy it as I know 'the song is coming', the action is coming. This correlation was pivotal in stopping the fear, but what helped prepare myself to stop it was doing self-forgiveness on this fear of work and lack of self-trust, which I learned at the DIP Lite free course.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the moments before going to work, in fear that it will be difficult or that I will be incapable of doing it.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in 'stage fright' before going to work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that it is normal the 'calm before starting to work' as it is with a song that start with silence, then an intro and then the song.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to doubt myself before going to work.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear going to work as I don't know how the day will turn out.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not trust myself and my capabilities related to work.

I commit myself to trust myself and my capabilities in my job.

I commit myself to remind myself that I have gone through a lot in my job so I am ready to face whatever it is that comes my way at the job.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 27 Feb 2018, 20:37

Day 67: Active Listening at 7 Cups of Tea

We are our own solution, I am my own solution. At times, we have a problem but it is generally true that we have the solution to our problem. I have tried out being an 'active listener', volunteering at 7cups.com for a few days some months ago, and more recently today.

7cups is a website where if you have a problem and need to talk to someone, you can go and have a text chat with an active listener for free; genereally we can't give advice but assist you in realizing your own solution. Active listeners need to pass a short formation to become one.

What I have found in my time there is that people know the answer to their problems but don't trust themselves that they do, and wait for someone external to validate them, wait for someone else to tell them the solution to their problem.

What is cool about 7cups is that I have seen how people can find out their own solution to their problems but what is missing from 7cups is something that supports the individual to walk the solution, an All-Encompassing definitive solution to help everyone's problems, which I can say it is the Desteni I Process Lite which is a free online course that gives you essential Life Skills to deal with your problems, and the more advanced DIP Pro, as they have helped me in many areas of my life, from overcoming addictions to solve work-related issues. So it is not enough in people realizing the solution to their problem but to empower them to walk the solution, once they know it/once they become aware of it.

The reason why I am stopping my participation in 7cups.com is the following: I cannot promote or give the ultimate solution to users of the website, DIP Lite and DIP Pro.

By only active listening to them I am not giving them the very solution that would enable them and empower them to walk the solution to their problems.

So I hope users of 7cups one day find this blog or hear about the DIP Lite and DIP Pro as it is invaluable what it can do for one's life.

Thank you to 7cups for these realizations and I am sure a lot of individuals have been helped by your mission, it is only that I cannot give half-solutions thus why I am stopping being an active listener.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 01 Mar 2018, 13:12

Day 68: Pushing the Right Buttons for Change - Fake It Till You Make It

The other day I overheard a conversation where I believed wrongly that they were referring to me as a 'liar' - I reacted immediately with stopping what I was doing and listening attentively to what they were saying. With walking this reaction in my DIP Pro assignment with the help of my buddy in our weekly chat it came out that ultimately this was linked to me wanting others to see me as truthful, and this was because I am not completely self-honest, but so long as everyone sees me as 'honest' and 'a good person' I can continue to live this way - self-dishonestly, and not have to change.

At this point I saw how I am writing blogs and so on but not really walking self forgiveness for myself. Another point I saw is that I am not being serious with my studies, not walking them effectively. So I have to start walking for real, forgiving myself for real and dealing with my studies effectively.

Now, I can react to what I know now and throw a tantrum because of how I am walking is not effective, it is empty in a way, but instead of doing that I see it is best that I simply learn from my mistake and change it, so I walk effectively from now on in all areas of my life.

So you can say I did the whole 'fake it till you make it' where I inadvertedly I have 'faked it' by not walking 'full on' but eventually I will make it because I have realized my mistake and won't stop walking until I make it.

I am grateful to my DIP Pro buddy Kim K for helping me out in realising this point.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not live self forgiveness for real, to not apply self forgiveness, to not forgive myself for real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that as long as I write a blog daily I am already 'on path' not seeing, realizing and understanding the obvious of practical living, where I have to be effective in my live and forgive myself for real.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to react to the point that I have not been walking for real, instead of stopping and changing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want others to see me as truthful, so as long a they see me as truthful I don't have to be self-honest.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to put importance in how others see me instead of valuing my self-honesty/using self-honesty.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not walk my process for myself but intead 'do it for the blog', do it for the outward appearance.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to walk my studies effectively.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to assess my process self-honestly and see what I have to change, but simply work to have a nice 'facade' - so as long as others believe I am truthful I don't have to change.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to give value to what others percieve of me.

I commit myself to asses myself in self-honesty, to see where I need to change and apply myself more, and disregard what others percieve/think of me.

I commit myself to remind myself that ultimately it is self-honesty what I have to live and apply, and what I know of myself is the truth, no matter what others believe of me.

I commit myself to, now that I realied I was not being self honest, to keep walking in self honesty, assessing every day if I am walking effectively or not.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 02 Mar 2018, 23:54

Day 69: The Struggling Artist

One day I met a guy that does ceramics, he was very passionate about hand scuplting. We connected really well, I was impressed by his skill.

Recently he contacted me and I've met him again, this time in Barcelona where after a long chain of events he has squatting the place where he lives now and has no income. He relies on food disposed by supermarkets and bakeries and that's basically what he eats, and to smoke he collects what he calls ''chustas' which are unfinished cigarrettes in spanish slang. Recently he has had the landlords cut off his water supply. A friend close by lets him shower at his home.

Many living in the so called third world countries live far worse than he is doing curretntly but, come on, no one should have to live off off disposed food, have no running water and zero income. I bought a little piece of his art for what I could afford at the moment, 9 euros, and he bought two smoking papers packets for 1 euro - to rooll the tabacco from the 'chustas' - and said that he should really manage the money left well.

Living at this level, I have never lived at this barely minimum level. And no one should have to. This is why I support a Universal Basic Income.
What could he do with a basic income? Aside from paying his living expenses, it would be awesome the art he would create. He also dabbles in making his own electronic music and needs a new computer to do it and he wants to build a ceramics oven - pretty cool things he would do with a basic income. No one should be an 'struggling artist' - this term should disappear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear living at the baremum minimum and have no income.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myslef to want to help out K, without seeing, realizing and understanding that I cannot 'save' anyone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to want to give money to K, without seeing, realizing and understanding that I a not in a position to give money to anyone.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear having no income

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear living on the streets.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I coudl never end up like K.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to see that in this system it is very possible to end up with nothing.

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to ensure that everyone has enough.

I commit myself to walk until all have a basic income, until all have a basic quailty of life.

I commit myself to remind myelf that I have to become effective in this system, so as to not have to find myself without a job in the future.

I commit myself to remind myself that I have to be ruthless, as the system is ruthless, so I have to be ruthless in standing up for myself, both in the system and as who I am.

Ruben

Postby Ruben » 04 Mar 2018, 08:50

Day 70: Secret Addictions - Do You Have One?

Do you have a secret addiction? Many of us have or have had secret addictions, for example drugs and porn. I met a guy that was playing the drum near where I live and we would meet regularly to play together - me playing the guitar. After a while he introduced me to a friend of his that plays the guitar, and we would meet up at times to play - very cool because he knows guitar more than I do and I learn with him. So this individual recently opened up and revealed to me that he has an addiction to the drug Speed, and that he never plays the guitar without having taken it.

Who would have known? I didn't see it coming. This individual shared with me that he never thought that he would end up addicted to it, and it is true, what at one point of our lives we can say we'd never do we can end up doing - interesting.

Many of us have addictions and this doesn't make us any better than a drug addict - or any worse, it is simply that at one point of our lives we are addicted. We can be addicted to thinking, coffee, cigarrettes, shopping, arguing, medication etc. We are most of the time poly-addicts in fact.

It is time to stop our addictions.

Solutions

To stop your addictions one can do the 21 days to freedom, which consists of stopping the addiction for 21 days and then you are free. If you 'fall' back to the addiction, you start counting again 21 days, until you make it.

Try it out, it is worth your while.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become poly addict.

I forgive myself that I have acccepted and allowed myself to fear others knowing about my addiction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel inferior because I have an addiction.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that I cannot stop my addictions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that addiction is more powerful than I am.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to hold on to my addiction, in fear I'll lose something if I stop.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe I get something out of my addictions.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see that I am stronger than my addictions.

I commit myself to stop my addictions.

I commit myself to remind myself that I am stronger than my addictions.

Return to “7 Years Journey to Life”