Sean's writing self to freedom

Maite

Re: Sean's writing self to freedom

Postby Maite » 12 May 2013, 08:24

Hi Sean - welcome back here!

You've walked quite a rough road. I'm looking forward to reading more of your writings here!

Bella

Postby Bella » 12 May 2013, 12:25

Hi Sean, cool to see you here - and thanks for sharing!

You seem to be making a new start for yourself now with a decision of self-responsibility, and not just taking the seemingly 'easy way' of 'submitting to a higher power' or just accepting yourself as 'powerless' or a 'sinner' which would be equal to giving away your power as life. So - Cool!
It is indeed Vital to take self-responsibility and make the decision to stand for self-worth and the value of life! Life is something we gotta give to ourselves, as ourselves.

The experience you've been through also shows that the accepted system not only does not provide us with effective life skills but is also harmful for life as such; and that not only economics and education but also psychology and mental health are issues/systems that must be addressed with real practical solutions and tools of self-education and self-support that would empower the human and assist in developing common sense, free will and self drive –
instead of cultivating a consciousness of self-interest that exists in fear and the quest for the next profit/high, which is what is happening as ‘the way of life’ in the current system.

Rozelle de Lange

Postby Rozelle de Lange » 12 May 2013, 22:33

Hi Sean,

I agree and second what Bella said, and I too look forward to reading more of you.

Enjoy!

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 13 May 2013, 03:56

Hi Sean, cool you've come to support yourself here and glad to read you again

Anna

Postby Anna » 13 May 2013, 08:44

Cool Sean.

Let us know how it goes.

Glad that you're back.

SeanJones

Postby SeanJones » 15 May 2013, 00:27

So i'm not sure where to start really. I am about to do a mandatory meditation that we have here at the house. We all lay out on the floor and a lady talks us through a meditation process. Looking forward to talking to people and writing more I just got a job at a deli so i'm gunna be busy but this is important to me so ill be around.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 15 May 2013, 04:51

Cool Sean for moving on and supporting yourself, whenever you want to share your writings and self application, here's the place for it.

SeanJones

Postby SeanJones » 20 May 2013, 13:45

So I have started a new job at a grocery store up the street from where I am living. I am about to go in I wanted to make a quick post about smoking. I decided to quit about a week ago then went out with some friends and there was alcohol present. The person who was buying I looked up to and found myself partisipating in the drinking. I have an assosiation with drinking and smoking so I did smoke and after that night I was pretty upset about it because I had gone 5 days and was off to a good start. well. I do not want to smoke anymore I don't enjoy being addicted to it so today I am stopping. I smoked up untill I went to bed last night. I hate the shortness of breath throat hurting getting sick longer. I also have already had cancer so its pretty dumb to smoke. I did some self forgiveness when I woke up I was thinking about smoking almost immediately when I woke up. I am going to continue to do self forgiveness and support myself through breath. Realizing my thoughts are but a part of a system that I can choose to not participate in, should make this process easier. When I get off today I want to talk some more on here about addiction and the "addict" its been interesting hearing about how people quit in NA, I personally can not admit that I am powerless, which is the first step of the 12 step program. If anyone is interested in researching narcotics anonymous just google it

Anna

Postby Anna » 20 May 2013, 18:04

So I have started a new job at a grocery store up the street from where I am living. I am about to go in I wanted to make a quick post about smoking. I decided to quit about a week ago then went out with some friends and there was alcohol present. The person who was buying I looked up to and found myself partisipating in the drinking. I have an assosiation with drinking and smoking so I did smoke and after that night I was pretty upset about it because I had gone 5 days and was off to a good start. well. I do not want to smoke anymore I don't enjoy being addicted to it so today I am stopping. I smoked up untill I went to bed last night. I hate the shortness of breath throat hurting getting sick longer. I also have already had cancer so its pretty dumb to smoke. I did some self forgiveness when I woke up I was thinking about smoking almost immediately when I woke up. I am going to continue to do self forgiveness and support myself through breath. Realizing my thoughts are but a part of a system that I can choose to not participate in, should make this process easier. When I get off today I want to talk some more on here about addiction and the "addict" its been interesting hearing about how people quit in NA, I personally can not admit that I am powerless, which is the first step of the 12 step program. If anyone is interested in researching narcotics anonymous just google it
Hi Sean.

I've found that one can't stop addictions through fighting oneself. So within stopping it is to make a clear decisions within oneself and then 'the rest' is simply a matter of following through with that decision. As such, if the decision is to stop smoking - the main point of how one will actually stop is to simply not do it. So every time the thought comes up, one simply stick to one's decision and don't do it. I can relate very much to the constant struggle one can experience and I've found that in such struggling it is because I wasn't actually clear in my decisions. It was like I expected that the decision would 'take care of it' while in fact it is a constant re-commitment one has to make. As such feeling guilty, judging oneself and fighting with oneself won't actually assist one to stop - often it will rather lead one to waver in one's decision because one is trying to fight oneself - instead of standing self-directive within the decision one has made.

With regards to the 12 step program, I suggest simply taking what is good and leaving the rest. If the premise of participating in the program is to admit that one is powerless and you see that this is not valid in some respects, you could look at redefining the point for yourself - for example as follows: I realize that I've given power to this addiction where the addictions/thoughts/energies is what is currently what is directing me, while I am not directing myself. As such I commit myself to walk a process of establishing self-direction as self-power to make decisions for myself based on common sense and not based on energetic experiences/desires/urges.

Thanks for sharing - let us know how it goes!

Return to “Writing Yourself to Freedom”