exercise

David Robert

exercise

Post by David Robert »

so my original starting point for working out, lifting weights was to get big and strong, muscular and sexy looking.
and within that is lots of comparisons to others and self judgements.which i will have to sort out and self forgive for allowing
and accepting.
so anyways i was on the forum and i searched exercise and others had similar points and i got some good advice like use your muscles not your
feelings to lift weights, which is really fun for me to do because its like ahhh makes sense and i can see it clearly and apply myself.

I understand the point of lifting weights is to get strong and i want to correct my starting point to that which is correct, to get strong.
however, i do not want to stop lifting weights and lose the gains in strength that i have achieved, i am in the military and currently
i have a physical fitness test in two months so stopping working out really isnt practical, granted i could just run and do the exercises
that are on the test but as i said earlier i also want to keep my strength in other exercises. any suggestions?

Juan Pablo

Re: exercise

Post by Juan Pablo »

Hey David -- as you see, the point is indeed who you are within doing exercise -- so the point is supporting our physical body -- and within that, you can assess what is asked for within the military, and focus on your physical body, meaning, common, that is the relevant point.

So, quite a challenge to walk this through self-forgiveness, and would be really cool if you share your self-forgiveness, realizations and practical application

David Robert

Post by David Robert »

well i just started this yesterday, but when the point or thoughts of getting big and muscular come up i usually attempt to focus on getting strong instead
and then i find myself working out to get big other times and its like fuck i dont want to spite myself and keep lifting but i dont want to stop and not work out
so at that point its really like what the fuck do i do. i suppose in that context i would continue working out since i know my goal is to get strong and stop worrying
about getting big and i must work out to do that. i also still want to get big and if that were to happen i'd be satisfied, and im sure i'd be able to protect my body more if i were to get into a fist fight in a combat zone having more size. but really i know i just want to look good. its funny how there are all these practical points within lifting and gaining size yet i still have the ego points too. and there is the point of resisting writing out self forgiveness on the forum because i want to do other things at the moment.

I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to resist writing self forgiveness at this time.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the desire to get big, strong, muscular, sexy.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the thought "big and muscular" is "sexy.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the thought that sexy even exist or is even real.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the belief sex is real or even exist outside of my mind.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the belief that "big and muscular" is sexy.

i forgive myself that havent allowed myself and accepted myself to work out for practical reasons, which are to get strong and support myself within the military
both financially and in possible self defense if i were to go to war.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to work out to get big and sexy.

haha the thought that guys are considered sexy makes me laugh because its a word i associate with calling woman

Juan Pablo

Post by Juan Pablo »

Cool David -- thanks for sharing.
David Robert wrote:well i just started this yesterday, but when the point or thoughts of getting big and muscular come up i usually attempt to focus on getting strong instead
and then i find myself working out to get big other times and its like fuck i dont want to spite myself and keep lifting but i dont want to stop and not work out
so at that point its really like what the fuck do i do. i suppose in that context i would continue working out since i know my goal is to get strong and stop worrying
about getting big and i must work out to do that. i also still want to get big and if that were to happen i'd be satisfied, and im sure i'd be able to protect my body more if i were to get into a fist fight in a combat zone having more size. but really i know i just want to look good. its funny how there are all these practical points within lifting and gaining size yet i still have the ego points too. and there is the point of resisting writing out self forgiveness on the forum because i want to do other things at the moment.

I forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to resist writing self forgiveness at this time.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the desire to get big, strong, muscular, sexy.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the thought "big and muscular" is "sexy.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the thought that sexy even exist or is even real.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the belief sex is real or even exist outside of my mind.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself as the belief that "big and muscular" is sexy.

i forgive myself that havent allowed myself and accepted myself to work out for practical reasons, which are to get strong and support myself within the military
both financially and in possible self defense if i were to go to war.

i forgive myself for allowing and accepting myself to work out to get big and sexy.

haha the thought that guys are considered sexy makes me laugh because its a word i associate with calling woman
So, after seeing that, I would see what is the point of wanting to be strong -- meaning, as you mention it on your writings about the fights, would be cool to expand your self-forgiveness within that point -- meaning what reactions would emerge and so on.

Also, I would suggest to invest on the Life Review - When the Mind Falls in the Face of Reality interview -- it really assisted me to further understand and realize what is what one faces within a war.

Looking forward your writings and self-forgiveness :)

Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool David!

The point is thus also to locate what it is you're looking for through 'being sexy' for example. What is the desired end goal? Because that is what we can then bring back to ourselves from having sought outside ourselves, for example "wanting to be respected" and then the point is that we've not been giving ourselves self-respect. When we then do that, we don't have to compromise ourselves to search for it outside ourselves because we are giving it to ourselves.

And what you can also do is to change your starting-point within lifting weights, after you've sorted your starting-point out in self-honesty. And then either you'll do it, only because it is practical or you'll see that it is not practical at all and simply not do it.

KellyPosey

Post by KellyPosey »

Here is also some interviews addressing this point specifically of exercise that can assist with sorting out one's relationship to it:
Life Review - Spiritualizing Exercise
Life Review - My Life as an Exercise Addict

We want to see where we have made it as if exercising is going to attain something for ourself, beyond just what it is. And there is really a variety of starting points one may be exercising from, like wanting to get big (usually for men) or wanting to be thin (usually for women).

Within this we think if we get our image to look a certain way, and put our body in a certain 'shape' - i.e. 'get in shape', that then this will benefit us in some way, in terms of a self image, as how we think 'others' see us, when it is really reflecting our own relationship to our physical. And how we force the physical to conform with our imagination as the image in our mind of how we should 'look like', instead of from a point of physicality simply as what is actually supportive for ourself physically, as a physical being, and not having anything to do with appearance. Because then what we do is not aligned with what is best for the physical, which manifest consequence, and then we are trying to create ourselves as an image and thus don't get to know/experience ourself as the physical for real. And it will always be a point of conflict when we are not working in alignment with the physical, but when we are aligned to what is best for the physical is what is really actually satisfying and enjoyable, physically, which is real, and not in the mind as like a 'mind reward' which is just a 'feeling good' like we've managed to match the picture in our mind, regardless the consequence, and how can it really be enjoyable when there is consequence as well?

David Robert

Post by David Robert »

Could you explain that more? I think I would better understand it with an example

Garbrielle

Post by Garbrielle »

David Robert wrote:Could you explain that more? I think I would better understand it with an example
I assume you are asking assistance within what Kelly wrote, so I will take it from her perspective shared, which I agree with. An example could be from my experience is my desire to be thin, where I will limit my eating intake and will go hungry in some cases to make myself stop gaining weight. In the meantime, I physically require certain nutrients such as vegetables or meats, to add protein to my muscles, but I will not give my physical body enough protein to be satisfied and will only eat from a perspective of making myself thin. Thus forcing this image in my mind onto the physical, where eventually it causes harm to my physical, as my muscle grow to be weakened and become unbalanced within my body due to lack of giving it the protein needed to grow.

So it's to look at what it is you are desiring behind the mask of just going to work out and be physical, if there is anything driving that to become something that is in your mind, like an achievement of a look, then you are creating consequence that will not support the body, but adversely effect it. As one is not listening to what the body actually needs in reality to support it, but only looking at the desire in the mind to look a certain way to feel good about self. Living from the mind as desires to gain feelings rather then being here in the physical supporting the physical in actual reality will create an imbalance in the physical as what it require to be healthy because it's not being seen, we only ever see our own desires, our own ends as illusion to be a picture in the mind that is unattainable because it's not real. Remember the mind and the picture/images in the mind is not real, and creates in it's own need for survival in separation of what is best for the physical. So it's a realignment from self as the mind which is illusion/unreal to self as the phsyical which is the real you because it's were reality is, where we are - here in the physical.

Anna

Post by Anna »

Cool Garb.

Did that clear it up for you David?

KellyPosey

Post by KellyPosey »

Yeah like for example extreme cases would be the eating disorders like bolemia, anorexia, starving oneself to look like a certain image in one's mind. The physical, your body, could care less about looking like some 'picture'. All it 'knows' is what it require to function properly.

So, for example, if you were blind, or if all humanity were blind, and thus could not judge ourselves as pictures as what we look like and what pictures we've defined as good/bad, positive/negative, desirable/undesirable, how might you then care for/treat your physical body? How might your relationship to your physical body be different when not comparing it to an image in your mind of what it is supposed to 'look like' or what you want it to 'look like'. How it looks is irrelevant to it's physical functioning.

There are many ways in which we compromise the physical for the sake of 'looks' when 'looks' really don't matter. Look at what we do for example with trying to have 'perfect hair' or to be 'beautiful', where we use all kinds of chemical products that we pour down our drains into our drinking water, and plastic surgeries and such to have a certain look, in disregard of what is actually best/supportive for the physical.

When we live according to pictures and making everything look a certain way, and our focus is predominantly on 'looks', everything become just an image, instead of something created in physical stability. Like cheap products that are made for looks/style to catch the eye instead of practicality/durability/sustainability, and thus we squander the resources of the earth on unnecessary products that are only for consumerism. And so, as we abuse our own bodies for looks, so we abuse the whole planet as the greater body.

And thus, living according to images will always produce consequence for ourselves as physical beings, and thus it's to investigate what we 'think' we're benefitting, because really there is no real benefit ever in disregarding the physical, as the physical is who/what we are/is ourselves - we are not images.

So, for example, if I was a male, if I have a big body, then I will look good, girls will be attracted to me and then I will get sex/relationship, people will be nice to me, or people will fear me and I will feel powerful - I mean, none of that stuff is real. You don't get real relationships based on pictures, you have to create those practically as yourself as who you are, not as a picture. Or feeling powerful over others is not real power, it's spitefulness and actually weakness where one is saying I must 'dominate' others to feel 'superior'. So these are some examples of what we tend to think that for a male having a big strong body would give one, and why we would then justify trying to fit our body to that image, because we think it is going to lead to these 'benefits' - yet when you investigate them, they are not beneficial actually, it's all just mindfucks, and actually manipulation, because you are actually trying to create yourself as a certain image, in order to have others respond to you/treat you a certain way, instead of living for/as yourself as a physical being in really caring for your physical body and seeing it as it is, and not always comparing it to an image in your mind.

Imagine if dogs or cats would stand in front of the mirror and go - hm, I think I should be bigger, or maybe I am too fat, my hips stick out too much, my tail is kind of crooked to the left - what are others going to think?? How will I get a date now?? Etc. - lol. So animals are actually a cool example of being here as one's physical and not trying to fit it to some image in the mind. What their body look like is the result of how they live, not the other way around as living to become a certain image, yet another example of how everything is in reverse in the mind where we do things totally in reverse to common sense.

Return to “Writing Yourself to Freedom”