Investigating a Dream

Ask questions and place perspectives on dreams here
Gabriel

Investigating a Dream

Postby Gabriel » 24 Mar 2019, 18:11

In my dream I am in a room with one other person and we are sitting at a small table ‚doing something‘ which involved using little Lego pieces. In the dream this room is supposed to function like a prison and I am being prevented from leaving the room. At one point in the room I deviate from my script and there is a guard now in the room. The first thing I do is I start throwing handfulls of Lego pieces at his face (because my pockets were filled with Lego’s). This seems to have no effect on him. In his hand he holds a little device that is designed to put me to sleep by aiming it at me. As I look at him I see him pushing the button of his device and a little red light on the device turns on. At the same time I have the understanding that if I direct myself the device will not be able to affect me. As a means to direct myself I start singing very loudly and as I am singning I notice that the device has no effect on me. I am not becoming sleepy at all. I walk up to the guard and start bashing his head against the wall.

My perspective: the room with the guard representing the Mind and mechanisms that I have been using to ‚put myself to sleep‘ such as ‚apathy‘ and ‚irregular sleep‘, - that I have changed in the past weeks. Now that I look at it the Lego literally represent ‚building blocks, so I am busy creating something. It was nice to be able to walk free from control up to the guard. The bashing of his head against the wall... part of me has no problem with it. It has influences from a movie (a guy bashing another guys head against a table) I saw recently and I know that when watching the scene in the film I was experiencing an energetic reaction. Deep down a desire for such violence – so perhaps some investigation to do on that level.

Marlen

Re: Investigating a Dream

Postby Marlen » 28 Mar 2019, 20:38

Cool interpretation, I would also add the action of kind of attacking back to that which you perceive has power/authority over you, the 'throwing' of the legos to me can be a similar action to when we argue for our limitations or 'throw tantrums' in emotional manners. And so perhaps the ultimate point of the head bashing, even if influenced by the movie, then perhaps looking if this relates to an experience of being 'overpowered' by your mind as the guard, feeling inferior to it at times to the point that you feel that you need to fight 'it' off or 'exterminate it' in such a way - even more so considering if there was any contempt towards it... so perhaps considering if there are aspects in you that you are still judging and so keeping contempt towards it, something you haven't yet forgiven yourself for, something you haven't embraced and so in that attempt to 'get rid of it' you decide to 'exterminate it' through the bashing.... that's what came up within me.

In any case, I share this audio of contempt that I just recorded and it might assist to open up something... the adjustment being that this is not about holding contempt towards someone else, but yourself - and yes ultimately it's always 'ourselves' anyways - oneness and equality applied :)

Cool for sharing it and enjoy seeing what else opens up for you https://eqafe.com/p/contempt-life-review

Gabriel

Re: Investigating a Dream

Postby Gabriel » 28 Mar 2019, 22:37

Great, thanks for all the input Marlen. I will investigate.

Return to “Dream Discussions”