Dream of losing a tooth

Ask questions and place perspectives on dreams here
YoganBarrientos

Dream of losing a tooth

Postby YoganBarrientos » 08 Aug 2019, 19:54

Throughout my life I have had different dreams where I have lost a tooth. I do wonder if there is any symbolism to this.

Specifically, last night I had a dream where I check the palm of my right hand and I had a the top part of a tooth, the crown of it in my hand. It was about half or so. And I checked my mouth and could feel I lost the top half of a tooth. It was a molar tooth, one of the ones on the side of the mouth. I remember it being on the left side and of the bottom jaw.

Any perspectives from anyone appreciated, thanks!
I'm also interested/curious since I have had many dreams over the years of losing teeth.
One person once said to me that losing a tooth means you lost someone you know, like they died.

Marlen

Re: Dream of losing a tooth

Postby Marlen » 08 Aug 2019, 20:59

Hi Yogan,

You may first check on what your experience was upon seeing yourself losing a tooth and from there get to see what may ring a bell for you.

But, it's well known at least in my culture that a dream of losing teeth is insecurity and fears. So, can take that with a grain of salt but, if it rings a bell for you, you can look at it as well.

In general I usually look at my reactions in the dream, regardless of the symbolism since perhaps some symbols may differ a lot for each person :)

YoganBarrientos

Postby YoganBarrientos » 09 Aug 2019, 02:11

Yeah. In past dreams where I lost a tooth, I have definitely felt scared of it, anxious like OH No! I lost a tooth. Last night though it was like no big deal. I didn't have any reaction to it. Maybe that's why it stood out to me. And also why I'm asking here. Cause its different than usual.

I definitely feel like I'm in a process of change.

Gabriel

Postby Gabriel » 31 Aug 2019, 22:55

Hi Yogan, you could also look for books that document 'dream symbolism'.

Then you can read the blurb that the book gives you about losing teeth in a dream and see if you can relate to any of what is being stated.

Return to “Dream Discussions”