Bernard's Passing Away

Johnathan

Re: Bernard's Passing Away

Post by Johnathan »

http://johnathanjourney.blogspot.com/20 ... olman.html

Day 211: Bernard Poolman

It was quite shocking when I found out that Bernard passed away. Very unexpected. A few years ago I found Bernard's channel on youtube and was very interested in the things he was talking about.

His voice was also something that hit me. He has that gravely sound that some have like Louis Armstrong, Tom Waits, and Dicky Barrett. That isn't what hit me though. What hit me was how he spoke. My attention would not wonder off. When he spoke I always saw something about myself that I was aware of that I don't want to take responsibility for. A few years ago I was taking a break from practicing my horn and decided to listen to some youtube videos. Youtube is kind of a hobby of mine. Anyway, I came across more and more videos of Bernard speaking and I couldn't listen. I knew that if I did then I would see a part of myself that was ugly and was not ready to take responsibility for. I thought, "I don't want to hear what he has to say because it is going to allow me to see a reflection of myself." I feared investigating who I am and what I have become. He was a blunt fucker who told things as they are without any made up bullshit. Eventually I got over this selfish stupidity.

The interesting thing is that not many people have the ability to teach but Bernard did. I never physically met Bernard but have had chats with him. What I can say about Bernard is that he taught me nothing. He taught me how to teach myself. He taught me about self investigation, self exploration, and self honesty. That is what a REAL
teacher
is. A good teacher is someone that shows you how to teach yourself. So, according to "A good teacher is someone that shows you how to teach yourself," then he was the best teacher I have ever had.

When I found out he passed away I realized that I would never meet him. In my mind, after I graduated I planned on visiting the farm, as others have explained that it is a supportive and awesome experience. This thought came up and emotions of sadness came up within me. "I will never meet Bernard." I imagined it being this awesome experience and now this imagined idea of an awesome experience will never happen. This is an example of how I imagine the future and think of the future rather than being here as breath.

He taught me about self interest. I realized that I was and am still living within/as self interest. Bernard taught me how to look at all things and living things and not just the ones in my immediate environment. Looking at the whole, the collective and not only the individual immediate environment shit.

I have been ranting on here. There is plenty more I could write about but I am stopping here. I am grateful that Bernard lived among us. He was a human being that truly cared about all life. Thank you Bernard.
- See more at: http://johnathanjourney.blogspot.com/20 ... bSlFp.dpuf
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Thank you all for sharing
I share some support to walk through this point if you find yourself reacting about it or going through any particular experience, we are also here to support if required.

Bernard Poolman's Passing Away
Tefnut Elbey

Post by Tefnut Elbey »

I'm deeply sadden by this. I just don't understand. This was totally so unexpected. He always mentioned the physical and the tough road ahead of us and that we can make it. So, I never thought for one moment, that he would not be here in the physical with us. I didn't agree with everything he said and put forth, but I don't do that with anyone, but, I agree with his intelligence and what he stood for; Oneness & Equality for all. I am disturbed by his passing and think there is some kind of conspiracy behind it, Lol. Yeah, that would be me, right. smh. And it would be me to say that the reptilians has something to do with this. Lol. Wherever you are at Bernard, I know you're in control of yourself and I know you're not going to take any shit from any one. I salute you on that and wish your journey to be exactly as you would like it to be. You made a huge impact in my life and I honor your work and what you created here, although we don't see eye to eye. Nevertheless, I'm glad our paths met. Safe and successful journey I wish for you and for you to have it all your way.
Equal Money for All
Equal Housing for All
Equal Everything for Everyone
Equality Equality Equality!!!
Matti Freeman

Post by Matti Freeman »

http://www.matterfreeman.com/2013/08/da ... emist.html

Bernard Poolman was an Extremist. 

Bernard showed us what it is to be the change you wish to see. To not settle for just words or sentiment or feelings or pictures or hope, but to do it for real. 

This is a world filled with Extreme Abuse, Extreme Suffering, Extreme Inequality, Extreme Neglect.
In a world of Extreme Abuse, Bernard had the guts to Stand Up and Give himself an Extreme Ultimatum - will I be Life? Will I be what is Best for All? Or will I not be Life? Will I not be what is Best for All?

Bernard had the guts to put in the time, the effort, the pain of walking the path of the Pain of Real Change, and then he had the guts to present a message giving this ultimatum to the rest of Humanity, showing clear examples of how it is in fact possible to walk the same process he did, and change for real so we can have a new world. 

Those of us at Desteni are simply those who Heard this message and made the Choice -- I will be Life - I do not accept or allow anything less of myself than to be Life, to be what is Best for All, and to have a world that is Best for All.

Bernard stood as an example of what is possible when you value yourself enough to Forgive Yourself until nothing exists in you that is not worthy of Life, that is not worthy of Respect. Until nothing exists in you that does not stand as what is Best for All. In my 2 years living on the Desteni Farm, and in my over 5 years witnessing and participating in the various projects like Desteni I Process and Equal Money this is what I saw definitively.

Bernard was an Extremist in how he did not accept or allow any form of externalized source of Responsibility -- no form of 'God' or 'Devil' that could be used as an excuse to explain things we are too lazy to figure out - like how our own minds work, and how to support all life on earth and end abuse.

Bernard was an Extremist in how he showed us that we don't need a God, we don't need 'light and love', we don't need a 'savior', we don't need 'aliens to save us', we don't need some kind of 'higher power' -- because we can Forgive Ourselves. We can Forgive Ourselves for standing in separation of Life, for standing in separation of each other. We can Forgive Ourselves for our fears and excuses and for being addicted to the pretty pictures and alternate realities we can so easily paint in our minds, and stop fucking around and get down to the nitty gritty of this One Physical Reality, get down to Earth, Earth Ourselves and Face the Matters at Hand -- that which is happening right now, in Matter, that which has the obvious Priority which is -- a solution for the massive suffering taking place RIGHT NOW. And we can do this together as a group if we just Agree to do it.

We can change - but we have to have the guts to really do it. We have to be Extremists, we have Stand within Principles that do not accept or allow any form of justification that would result in harm or abuse in any way. 

Bernard showed us the Extreme simplicity of the Realization that - to be Life, you would obviously do what is best for all Life - because then you would be doing what is best for You, and when we All do that -- we have Heaven on Earth.

Now that Bernard is dead -- it doesn't change what we're doing at Desteni. Because - it was never about 'Bernard' -- Bernard was simply the world's most Extreme Human who managed to be Self Honest enough to not Buy into experiences, knowledge, beliefs just because it 'sounds nice' or 'feels nice', but to constantly question the starting point as to whether it is best for all, whether it will result in a world that is best for all. Bernard was simply the one Extremist who managed to develop sufficient Self Honesty to figure out what's going on with the Mind, and how we've managed to Fuck ourselves into a world of suffering, and he simply shared what he figured out - which is the Way Out of this mess. It was never about 'one person'. It's always been about Life. It's the question of whether we will Honor the Life that is Equal in All, and do what it takes to have a world where that Equal Life is the Value that directs all decisions, resulting in the Best possible world.

Does it suck that he's dead? Yeah, because being with Bernard was like being with the embodiment of our Potential as Humans, once we've moved beyond all forms of bullshit and immaturity and self interest and I learned a lot from him. But now that he's dead - it doesn't change me because what I learned from him really has nothing to do with him -- it's about me, it's about who I am, it's about how Extreme I'm willing to be to bring an end to abuse and bullshit and make this world the place it must be.
thomaslagrua

Post by thomaslagrua »

I saw Bernard as I see all those courageous enough to stand and walk with Desteni – as the ones that I would go into battle and/or journey with against all odds. Thus, I will simply say “Thank you” by continuing this journey until I/we/all are standing as what is best for all.
Ruben

Post by Ruben »

http://astudentsjourneytolife.blogspot. ... r-all.html

I will be forever grateful for having met Bernard, first online, and last year in person, when I visited the farm for about two weeks. He was one, or the most fascinating being I have ever met. A man of principle, for as long as I knew him, he never stopped walking as an example of living the principle of doing that which is Best for All. When I visited the farm at the end of 2011, I got to see first hand that, indeed, he was a normal guy, and the place and the other people living there, it is ordinary -- yet the dedication of all the people living in the farm in walking practically what is necessary to change the world, that you don't see every day. And that I already saw from the participation online, where year after year, since I've known of Desteni in 2008/2009: The message was/is the same: That of Jesus, 'Do unto another as you would like to be done unto you', 'Give as you would like to recieve' and 'Love thy neighbour as thyself' -- what does it mean to live it practically? He lived that, along with the other beings at the Farm. He will be missed, but his message is still here, and the group will keep walking the principle.

I remember sharing something with him that was a heavy lift for me, and he said, 'Forgive Yourself'. And this is what is extraordinary of what he did, he walked his process with tools for himself - namely Self Honesty, Self Forgiveness and Practical Application - that then shared with others for all to be able to stop ones limitations and become a functional human being that can stand no matter what and effectively walk that which is Best for All, creating oneself as a trustworthy human being like he was, he would never give up, and he did not give up.

'There are no problems, only solutions' he once said. And that is what he was focused on, solutions for people to become functional and to worlds' problems.

When I went to the Farm, I was pretty much a failure walking, having failed for so many years at my education - he said to me in a chat when I again failed some months after visiting the farm, that from this I could take that it is best doing things well the first time -- indeed, I can f**k around all that I want, or go straight to the point, like he did with everything.

At the farm, I arrived there so thin, I remember I was most of the day with shakes that had minerals and vitamins, and he would say,'it's ok, eat' - lol - I had been spending so much time in the mind I had not been eating effectively. There I had a lot of fun with the dogs, many dogs living there. I was there for a short period of 12 days, I couldn't stay more due to my studies although I had been invited for about a year - but I wanted to visit anyway. It was worth it. When I was there, it exposed how I was not being effective, in the trip from the airport to the farm, one we did with Bernard, Cerise his daughter and David a visitor, he asked me what's 'backchat', and I couldn't give him a good definition. I saw I had not taken my process seriously, not investigated or applied the material effectively -- see, I realized, one can have all the support/the best support in the world, but it is up to us to take it and live it, study the material that he/Sunette/Dimensions shared and live it, because 'knowledge without application is useless' -- common sense.

So in the moments, now days after his death, I see I would have liked to, during the time that I have been participating in Desteni, apply myself more effectively, but again, he would have said, no matter how difficult or big of a problem I thought I have: 'Forgive yourself' -- and move on, correct myself, and stand up again if I fall, until it is done, until I have it made.

From having met him I've seen how it is me that willed my failed results in the past within my education, that I can will it otherwise. Thanks to the support of Sunette, Bernard and others at the Desteni farm, I've been able to realign points in my life and next year I will be starting studying at university, something I said I would never do at one point.
Anna

Post by Anna »

(Post by Dragan)

Bernard Polman passed away, Yesterday! I didn't know him personally, but somehow I could very easily identify myself with everything what he ever said or wrote! Very often, while listening to his voice, I got impression that he was directly talking to me, because he always could find and address even smallest possible detail of a problem that made it connect/click to my particular situation and always made it very personal, like we were there talking together eye to eye! His insights were always deep and honest, so that there I was never in doubt and/or skeptical about their source and/or authentication but couldn't wait to hear more!
Bernard Polman may passed away, but his words, very alive and kicking, stay with us, till this process is done! It doesn't matter who, how and when, it is going to be done! Real LIFE is coming to EARTH, to stay here, FOREVER, UNCONDITIONALLY! That's what Bernard and Desteni have started, that's what is going to be!
Denise

Post by Denise »

My favorite quote by Bernard Poolman,"There are no problems, only solutions."
Denise

Post by Denise »

I think this is awesome that people are sharing, posting and supporting one another through Bernard Poolman's passing. I want to share what this has meant to me. Initially I was creating a fear with Desteni's message via Bernard Poolman. There were times where I would listen to his words and go through the gamut of emotions and last summer I took the step of being self-honest and not fearing myself. As I walk this journey, I stumble, I fall but I forgive, I breathe and I would not have known to do so had Bernard not shared himself with our world.
Marek Sniager

Post by Marek Sniager »

Me also - when I get the email about his Death - it has shocked me at first, because somehow I believed that He will never die. I re/read the email over and over again and I stayed calm and continue my work. However inside I had a chaos. Mixture of feelings and emotions - and I was just repeating to myself that 'All what he would wanted from me will be not participating in it' - and So I breath , and even though I have seen my mind moving into the direction of sadness and thoughts of: "Who will help me to direct my walking and who will now place those clear existential realizations and solutions for humanity - so I will be able to stand stable, and we can have this done " - I just didn't allow myself to think that - because I knew that that is the trap of mind. I have to just breath and stop the thoughts of memories which contained powerlessness due to his death.
As the email about his death was continued with the words that: this in no way will affect our walking and building the platform for this future change - I have took it as : Now is the time where I have no more 'parachute' and Now I have to really stand. Now it is on me{Us} to continue that of utmost importance that He gave us on the 'Gold platter'.
And I know that we don't have any other options except Make this done, because the rest of options is just deception.

I am extremely thankful for what Bernard have done, and for me He was the 1 most important point in my life which was able to open my eyes from me being blind all this time before I met Desteni and Desteni material .

Thanks for all the structures and paths to walk - and Now is the time to get stronger and Have it done .

Return to “BernardPoolman Interviews”