Breath, awareness, and breathing

Ask questions related to your individual process or life in the experience of yourself and mind - pertaining to thoughts, emotions, feelings, behaviours, habits etc. This thread is dedicated to those who'd like to understand more about the inner-workings of your own mind and then effects of this on your life and relationships.
Paul Lombardo

Breath, awareness, and breathing

Post by Paul Lombardo »

So there is something called normalbreathing.com run by one man...it's a system of regaining health through breathing slower and less....so the breathing that is recommended is a inhale an exhale and a long pause after the exhale then repeat. It states that the longer the pause the healthier you are. The other parts to it are a body oxygen test where one breathes normally then after an exhale one pinches nose and holds breath till a normal feeling of needing to breathe in or out comes up . Sick people usually get around 5 seconds while the goal of the program is to acheive 60seconds breath hold. The program recommends things to do like cut out sugar , cut out caffiene, exercise and cold showers as well as breath holds and reduced breathing exercises throughout the day. The basis is that sick people hyperventilate which lowers oxygen in body and brain(hyperventilating lowers Co2 and therefore oxygen delivery to body) . So yea slower and less breathing. So point being if I breathe this way with awareness, would this be ok. I truly don't like the four count breath it is just to uncomfortable though I will do breath holds after inhale separately. This normalbreathing system is basically inhale exhale and pause repeat. If I do this with awareness is this equal to the four count breath ? Im still breathing with awareness so I figured as long I'm aware of breath any way to breathe is ok.
Marlen

Re: Breath, awareness, and breathing

Post by Marlen »

I'd say to the breathing as comfortably as it can be for you. I haven't really tried to do the four count breath. For now I'm only testing out the 'pause' moment on certain discipline I'm taking on which involves moving at a slow pace, doing movements and doing that sort of breathing - pause - breathing, so it makes sense to me as I can correlate the breathing with movements.

See for breathing, it's not so much that it becomes a 'method' or 'technique' at least I don't approach it that way, it is more about being able to get to be naturally aware of your breath as a point of physical reference and stability. But to me, it is kind of futile to attempt to only focus on breathing if you are not actually working with the thoughts, experiences, emotions, feelings that you are going through. That is what we work with first so that THEN the breathing part becomes a point of physical support as you walk through your mind.

This is my perspective, but you can get proper explanations on Breathing with this Eqafe bundle https://eqafe.com/p/breath-compilation

However it's simpler to join in Eqafe Unlimited and simply check out all of those products it contains :) depends on what you want to pay for.

And Leila's blog on breathing is cool too: http://eqafereviews.com/the-power-of-breath/
When I first got into Desteni, breath was a point that was constantly emphasized.

I realised how effective it would be and also what it would imply. I didn’t like the prospect of being here, in every breath. To me, it was like having to give up all that was dear to me.

(you mean I have to breathe and be aware even while I am sleeping? Bernard: Yes, even then. Me thinking: but being able to black out every night and just not exist for a moment is what keeps me going, it’s my reward of having to endure a whole day of dealing with all that inner conflict).

In that moment I made a subconscious decision that ‘this is not for me’ – yet knowing I would have to walk this inevitably some day. As my daily frustrations grew, I was forced to consider my breath, my presence, me being deliberate in every moment.

It’s been the days and moment where I pushed the breath point that I made my biggest strides inside myself. But it’s so easy to dismiss. It’s here all the time, everyone ‘does it’. It’s not some special course, it’s not a high-tech gadget to get excited to buy, something you can possess to feel better and improved. It’s a consistent action, decision and movement.

If you’ve been dismissing the importance of awareness within breath, or maybe just need a reminder of what actually happens when you apply yourself in breath – this bundle is for you. If you don’t fit any of these, this bundle is still for you lol.

https://eqafe.com/p/breath-compilation
Leila

Post by Leila »

Hey Paul,

I'm placing here some perspectives on Breath that used to be up on the old forum and desteni wiki for your reference. I think these should answer any questions you have - if not, do ask:

The Technique

Question

And how is that breathing technique called? I'm known with some breathing techniques but this one seems different...

Perspective

It’s called: Breathing.

Breathing is breathing – that’s it.

Simply you being self-aware here in and as breath – nothing more, nothing less.

No grandeur or glamour – only you here with you yourself in and as breath, breathing naturally, yet within breathing, being self-aware in and as breath. You actually breathing: I breathe.

Being self-aware here of and as each breath you take.

(Bruce L.)

Question

Is the 21 days of breathing guarenteed to assist me?

Perspective

It's guaranteed, if you live it and thus guarantee it for yourself

21 Days because it take effectively 21 Days to 'break' a habit entirely, with absolute, ABSOLUTE self dedication and self commitment.

Counting, you count within you with awareness. It is YOU that is counting, there's a difference. Have a look at thoughts and voices in the head, they 'pop up' out of nowhere and you allow them / it to direct YOU. Here with counting, you're speaking within yourself and directing yourself, you're directing you, there's a difference.

You don't need the mind to remember, the mind is so goddamn limited it is frighteningly scary. When your mind stop, all of you, all that you are, have been and will be is here as who you are within and as oneness and equality. You'll know and realise you don't need the mind, as everything is here as you.

Multifunctioning - don't limit yourself, you'll be able to breathe and focus on your breathing and do the math's test (per example), though if you believe and think you can't as the mind, ofcourse you won't. Though, this takes 'practice' because you have not once in your life been aware of your breath, nor have you actually lived the gratefulness thereof.

The 4 count Breath

Perspective

Yip - the breathing application may seem 'difficult' and 'strange' - it's a 'new way of life' - because for the first time in your existence - you are 'becoming' aware of the breath of life as you.

See - the pause - the 4 count hold - is the moment - the moment of awareness of life as you. If you just breathe with no awareness - you are in the mind - 'stuck' and 'lost' in past, present and future and not here of presence of awareness as the moment that is you within and as the breath as you of life.

So - it's going to take practice, self-discipline and self-commitment - but you have to go through it - whether here or in the dimensions - we're also applying the breathing application within and as human beings - so you might as well do it here and really DO IT - once and for all.

Why 21 Days - to 'break' the habit of breathing with no awareness - taking life for granted as you take the breath for granted - NO MORE.

Stop for a moment in your existence and focus on breathing - where is your breath coming from - the trees, the grass - what would happen I they cease to exist - would you be able to live? So who is actually your God? Nature is it not? Therefore - be grateful for the very essence that is you as life as the trees and the grass as Nature that give you the gift of life as the breath you take - as you inhale - have each moment you inhale and exhale be the breath of gratefulness to the very essence of life as Nature for 'giving' you unconditionally the opportunity to live.

So live - breathe of gratefulness - the breath of gratefulness of yourself within and as oneness and equality as Nature.

Enjoy

Veno

P.S.

Yes - for the moment count - it's okay - you will soon notice in a moment - O' my God - I am breathing - I am here - as the silence that is you. So - for a moment - support yourself by counting...

If in conversation, does this distract me from the 4 count breathing?

Perspective

Practice multiplicity - you will most definitely be able to remain in conversation and hear the other being speak to you while you breathe and count within you.

You'll be surprised.

(Veno)

Harmonic management

Perspective

What I found fascinating was that eventually I got really pissed off with myself and realized that I must push through my moments of weakness. I tried shortcuts, but when the harmonics played out the same stuff and I missed the moment where I could change it - I was not happy with me, because then I have to walk through the same event again. So we will get to harmonic directive management as well, this is where you change your reality and know when you miss the moment of change.

These are called lock ins - so the breathing help to identify when a time loop activates - to then stop it or do the self-forgiveness during the time loop and next time stop it. Although in each cycle - the time loop will reoccur, as all is programmed in the unified field in time loops, as time was stretched to give the idea that time exist.

To change it fast will cause much distortion and most minds cannot handle such things - thus the reason for the process, to through discipline, dedication build effective self-awareness that supports one in the unified field while the dimensions are collapsing it

(Bernard Poolman)

Automation

Perspective

Remember that counting is an initial help until it automates, like the times table. But, like the times table, if you automate 2 plus two as 5, you have a bigger problem. Thus, in the application to automate, make sure you remain aware without stops. If stops occur and it automates, you would likely have stops at crucial points of direction and thus eventually have to debug yourself, which is more difficult as multiple layers again lock you into the process.

As you will note, this is a system you are creating in assistance, like self-programming and even your own creation will be transcended. So what you do for yourself, do it properly and eventually you transcend your own assistance and step forth free.

(Bernard Poolman)

What is Breath?

Perspective

BREATH is the key to Everything

an Inbreath at birth - an Outbreath to death
inbetween...

looking at the characteristics of the physical breath - one could call it `god´
it is always Here
it is always Everywhere
always Equal for All

what do we actually breathe?
is it air?
could it be everything?
could it be substance?
do we breathe with our lungs?
could it be that we breathe with the whole body?
what IS breath?
what is practical Breath?

how can we use Breath in/as self-assistance and support?
observe breathing-patterns
a sudden Inbreath as when one gasp for air - indicates that a breath has been missed
then -fascinating- it´s a moment of Fear (a sudden Inbreath)
instead of Here

be here with the breath
as the breath
stable

breathe in - - - embrace all as one as equal
hold here - - - self-honesty
breathe out - - - self-forgiveness
hold here - - - let go

consider the implications of ONE breath as shared in many videos
breath is the `connection´ `between life & death´
what does that practically imply about breath?
what does it imply about life & death?
what does it imply about polarity?
what does it imply about who we are?
what does it imply about why we are here?

Perspective

B r e a t h E a r t h H e a r t

Breath as Time

Perspective

What is the point of breath? 

As BREATH I slow down my REALITY to the SPEED I can handle effectively. 

In that breath as MY time, I equalize myself by standing equal and one to myself as my world in every moment. 

What does that imply? 
In that breath as me, in that time as me, in that speed, slowed down to breath as me, I walk through everything in my world until I am equal as one with my world as myself. 

In BREATH I make myself equal to time, I walk MY time equal as breath, I walk ME as breath equal to every moment, unconditionally, until I am equal to all the moments of my world, equal and one as my world. 

That may imply stopping a job, stopping a relationship, stopping that which is unacceptable, which is not equal, which is not supportive of Life as who I am. 

As practical application in every moment that implies that whenever something or someone enters my reality, my ´moment´, I STOP. I BREATHE.

If there is an emotional/energetic charge, I stop. I breathe. I ´do the breath walk,' stopping, stopping, stopping, not accepting energy to move within me or take over or justify itself. Otherwise in that moment I am that energetic charge, I am an energy, I am an emotion. I am not equal to what has entered my moment. I am even less than the energy/emotion if I allow it, because it can direct me, control me. then I am ´here´ as a fragment, as an energy/a frequency, not as SOUND, not whole, not HERE. 

If I am only ´here´ as a fragment of me, then that ´here´ is not all and everything, it is but a fragment of me, I am but a fragment of me, existing in a fragment of time, a ´time trap´ as ´time trapped´.

If an interaction, an influence, an event, a person can control me, change me, confuse me: I am not HERE. 

HERE is the ´point´ where I amalgamate all and everything of my world as myself, giving it direction as me. 
I direct me, whatever comes, whatever happens, whatever word spoken, whatever thrown at me: I am HERE and I direct all as one equally. 

Only then am I able to actually assist another as me. 

So, BREATH is the key to EQUALITY within and as SELF, where TIME becomes support equal and one HERE because I direct so. Bella

Perspective

To add: 

WE’RE not Breathing, meaning, we haven’t ever been the directive principle of Breath, as Breath, our breathing has been synchronized to the ‘timing’ of the mind consciousness system equal to our current time-manifestation as seconds, minutes and hours within the design of the clock/watch.

The Mind Consciousness System move according to space and time in conjunction with the design-manifestation of time within the design of the clock/watch, time equalling the second and space the moment between the seconds. 
Due to us existing as the Mind Consciousness System, we’ve synchronized our existence according to time, existing within the motion/pace of the Mind Consciousness System as the motion/pace of the clock existing within the motion/pace of seconds.

Therefore, within existing as the Mind - we exist within time – and thus subject to time/ a slave to time – as time itself within the manifestation of the Mind Consciousness System that exist in/as time, as, for example, thoughts come up second, by second, by second, exactly as a clock/watch, as we accept/allow ourselves to participate in thoughts that come up second, by second, by second. We allow ourselves to be lost within the cycle of time within our Mind as we accept/allow our thoughts of time to direct/dictate us, for us.

Then, before we know it, our ‘life-experience’ and ourselves as ‘gone by’ and we stand before ‘death’s door’ as we were lost in the cycles of time within our mind, enslaved to time by being preoccupied within thoughts that move second, by second by second, that form into minutes, then hours, then days, then months, then years, then centuries. 

We’ve deserted ourselves from Breath, thus separating ourselves from the physical – existing within the pace of the Mind Consciousness System as illustrated by thoughts that move second, by second, by second – every second a different thought that can lead to minutes, hours, days, months, years of preoccupation within the Mind – lost in time within the design of the Mind Consciousness System. 

Never HERE. 

Always preoccupied. 

Existing according to Time as the (s)Pace within the which the Mind Consciousness System is designed, not living within self expression as Breath as the directive principle equal and one as the Physical. 

Therefore, we suggest Breathing, ‘focussing on Breath’ in the beginning and then eventually becoming Breath as self stabilize self equal and one with and as the Physical.

Because, See: 
Within focussing on Breath within the Principle of Self Breathing, self directing self within self awareness to breathe, Self Here become the starting point foundation, become the ‘stability factor,' to assist and support self within distinguishing between the Actual Real Self that is Here and what Self has existed as/separated Self from that the Mind reveal of self. 
This distinguishment requires self-honesty, for self-honesty is self living the directive-principle of asserting ‘who I am and accept and allow me to be’ within the principle of equality and oneness and what self will not accept and allow and according actually apply/live this.

(Sunette)

1234 Count Breath

Question

My question is whether it is of importance to speak within me the words 1234 or whether it is about having the same length for all 4 parts of the breath? 

Sometimes my in-breath is smaller or bigger than the 4counts. Do I adapt my breath to the counting or the counting to the natural length of the in-breath (which is not the same length always). 
What is the meaning of 4 (1234) if it really is of importance to speak within me 1234 ? 
It came to me that 4 =square =the box and if we stand as the box as the breath we transcend the box?

Perspective

It is a guideline to assist with stability in the here moment, to not drift off so to speak, find thus what is comfortable to assist, I prefer a stable consistent breath, no matter if I am walking fast or slow--same breath.
Paul Lombardo

Post by Paul Lombardo »

Ok but when I need to fall asleep, can I still do the four count?
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Paul Lombardo wrote: 07 Aug 2019, 21:30 Ok but when I need to fall asleep, can I still do the four count?
Based on what Leila shared, I would take the following as a reference:
1234 Count Breath

Question

My question is whether it is of importance to speak within me the words 1234 or whether it is about having the same length for all 4 parts of the breath? 

Sometimes my in-breath is smaller or bigger than the 4counts. Do I adapt my breath to the counting or the counting to the natural length of the in-breath (which is not the same length always). 
What is the meaning of 4 (1234) if it really is of importance to speak within me 1234 ? 
It came to me that 4 =square =the box and if we stand as the box as the breath we transcend the box?

It is a guideline to assist with stability in the here moment, to not drift off so to speak, find thus what is comfortable to assist, I prefer a stable consistent breath, no matter if I am walking fast or slow--same breath.
Paul Lombardo

Post by Paul Lombardo »

I read out loud most of what Leila posted from Veno , Bruce Lee and Bernard. It almost seems crazy to live the Four Count Breath. Medically this is known as apueistic breathing indicating a damage in the brain. If a doctor saw me breathing the four count breath in a hospital I would be medicated. Other than that it's challenging and painful as it seems to generate heat anger and frustration within me. Holding the breath that much is hard. Not only that but humans don't breathe consciously, only underwater mammals breathe consciously and it's not even the four count breath. It's mentioned specific that the two hold moments is where life exist and without the hold moments you are breathing with no awareness, in the mind. So it not only breathing consciously, constantly, its holding twice for four counts. I mean has anyone tried this? The amount of heat and uncomfortablilty is immense. A normal breathing pattern medically has no holds in it. Then I guess I never sleep again because when I breathe unconsciously during sleep, it's not the four count, there are no holds. I found that normal breathing looks like a zig zag pattern. Did anyone automate the four count breath even in sleep or is sleep not required? Then there's the incessant counting I must do in my head. I have so do things, how am I supposed to constantly count. And how long till it automates? Again has anyone done this, transcended their own creation ? I arrived here after wanting to live the breath of life and obviously what is stated here is four count is the 'becoming' of Awareness as the Breath of Life. Does is have to be four in each part? It can't be more or less? Is it the hold moments that are important or the whole thing. No animal lives the four count breath and no human while sleeping especially is livinng this. This is the most extreme thing I've seen coming from the dimensional being only because every time I live the four count I get extremely hot, see red and light in my mind and get angry that I have to do this. Mostly I don't count but I have and can. This isn't new either. In yoga or Hindu text this hold at end of eacch breath is called pranayama and is suggested to only do on empty stomach. This four count slows respiration rate to less than four breaths a minute. The normal is atleast twelve. Co2 is built up in blood explaining the uncomfortability. Then I have to watch my dog breathe at over 100 breath a minute while I'll be at less than 4 lol. You can read up on kumbhaka pranayama which is the same breathing pattern, it says it builds inner heat and is taken very seriously. Doctors would take this very seriously too if they see someone breathing like this forever. I saw a video where a being said at the end of the 'this ' process every being with be breathing like this with some less than four seconds depending on the being. Question is, if this four count breath is the 'becoming' of my aware of the Breath of Life as mentioned in the Bible and Sumerian tablets, and that I have never been aware of myself as the Breath of Life once in my Life, what is the Breath of Life and where have I been. This confuses me because I 'think' I have been aware of breath because I can 'feel' it but apparently I've never been aware of it once as stated here. 21 days to self freedom is in the I process lite which I am walking. I'd love to see a being that actually lives and automated the four count breath to see someone who is actually aware of the breath of life as themselves , sorry for not capitalizing some words like Breath of Life, Awareness, etc. I'm rushing through this, just like I'm not aware of my breath . Even Jack said he has to start over when doing the 21 days to self -freedom. In yoga they mention a specific diet, asanas/postures, empty stomach just to be able to breathe this way. For now I'll breathe with no awareness because of the pain and anger that come up from 'attempting ' to Breathe With Awareness. Clearly the Breath Of Life Is Not Understood by Man Or else We wouldn't be teaching Doctors That 'Normal' Breathing pattern . Then Another Question is Wht Am I Bound By Thoughts Feelings And Emotion Example The Pain Anger Frustration. Why Can't I We Be Aware Of The Breath Of Life? Jealousy would even come up When I See Someone That Doesn't Have to do the Breath Of Awareness. All of this has apparently been typed through the Mind because I haven't been Breath Of Life As Me. Go Figure. LoL Alright That the Question.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hi Paul

A suggestion in general is to not take it as if this was a life or death type of situation. I haven't actually ever tried being aware of my breath in the way that it was explained in the video not even for a full set of 10 minutes, nevermind an hour, days, weeks etc and that's OK. As mentioned before, it was a point of reference, a guideline of how to breathe properly, but again, doesn't mean that you ONLY have to become aware of breath/breathing and Not pay attention to anything else, that's not the point either, that would create yet another disconnection from what this process is about as well which is getting to SEE your mind, getting to know you as your mind - not to try and 'shut it down' or fight it, or see it as 'a problem' but about getting to know ourselves as our mind.

So, I'll comment on the last part of your post here
For now I'll breathe with no awareness because of the pain and anger that come up from 'attempting ' to Breathe With Awareness. Clearly the Breath Of Life Is Not Understood by Man Or else We wouldn't be teaching Doctors That 'Normal' Breathing pattern . Then Another Question is Why Am I Bound By Thoughts Feelings And Emotion Example The Pain Anger Frustration. Why Can't I We Be Aware Of The Breath Of Life? Jealousy would even come up When I See Someone That Doesn't Have to do the Breath Of Awareness. All of this has apparently been typed through the Mind because I haven't been Breath Of Life As Me. Go Figure. LoL Alright That the Question.
So see, this is where the whole purpose of breathing would be defeated if you would then be causing/creating reactions like anger because of 'attempting to breathe with awareness' - just no, and just stop it because it will get you nowhere but creating further reactions and no solutions.

Therefore, what you need to start working on is with your thoughts, feelings, emotions, behaviors and thinking patterns such as the ones you mention like anger, frustration, jealousy - and start writing about it all to see where and how you create these reactions with you and if you are already familiar with self forgiveness, to use that tool in order to see where and how you can create changes in your approach to this process in itself.

It's very simple really, you have to start where you can create comfort in getting to see you, know you through writing. Breathing is but an automated process that our body does whether we are aware of it or not, so, no need to make it your 'focus' point if you are experiencing emotions, actual energetic experiences that Need and Require your direction, your attention, your support through writing, through self-forgiveness, through writing commitment statements or a plan of action of How you are going to actively- and through actions in real time - change how you approach that something/someone that usually triggers these emotional reactions in you.

As a last note, it's very relevant to not make of this process a 'burden' in itself or something that you start reacting to or make it difficult because of trying to follow some steps that frankly, I have no idea why they were referenced in such a way at the beginning, but I didn't follow that and I'm still here because I find the worth and value on the tools of self-writing and the rest of it, as well as the overall purpose it has in this global process - but! I don't conflate myself or think about having to 'breathe' a certain way. As I've mentioned in some other posts in this thread or others, I am rather approaching for the first time such breathing practices through or linked with some physical exercises or movements that are assisting me to become aware of my breath at least for some hour or so a day, but in that I also go watching where my mind goes and how my body is doing and so forth, so, it's very relevant from my perspective to not turn 'the breathing' into another 'technique' of sorts that becomes automated or even worse, that triggers more reactions in you in one way or another. Simplicity is the Key as it's been said many times in Desteni, so remember that any time you may be getting flustered or confused about 'how' to do things, stick to what you can do and I'd suggest that be the writing and getting to work on yourself point.

Return to “Questions and Perspectives on the Mind and Self”