Question about blogging/vlogging

Ish

Question about blogging/vlogging

Postby Ish » 04 Sep 2019, 08:10

Hey, I’m close to being done the dip lite process and had a few questions.

I saw some of the guidelines for dip pro and it said you had to have been blogging/vlogging for a certain amount of days before you’re eligible.

I haven’t done a blog yet and I’m not sure how to create a blog. Also, I’m not too sure what to write/where to start if I do start one or what to talk about on vlogs, lol, do I write/talk about what I’m experiencing day to day in relation to the mind ? I read Bernard poolman’s ‘creationsjourneytolife’ blogs when I can and the other blogs I’ve read on this site have been really random so I don’t know where to start when it comes to blogging/vlogging. Some specificity would be helpful.

I want to do the Dip pro once I’m done the dip lite but I won’t be able to unless I start blogging/vlogging, lol, so I’d like to get started. Thanks!

YoganBarrientos

Re: Question about blogging/vlogging

Postby YoganBarrientos » 04 Sep 2019, 22:28

There's a nice PDF that covers most of the points you should know. Its here https://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6525
Some of the links are broken inside the pdf, but others work well. I can see about updating it. The website did change a bit, so I think that's where some of the links got mixed up.

Besides that, my other advice is to check out the beginning of other people's blogs, so check out Day 1,2,3 of someone's blog to see how they started. Here's my 1st day https://yoganjourneytolife.blogspot.com/2012/04/ The most important thing is to do one's best, and do it for yourself- really just walk your process.

You can look up the rules for scholarship in the forum as well: https://forum.desteni.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54

Here's a nice self-forgiveness on Fear from Veno
https://desteni.org/desteni-material/bl ... eness-fear

I'm going to check where Vlog support is. I remember there being something specifically for Vlogging

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 05 Sep 2019, 17:52

Hi Ish, the Blogging document that was made some years ago may be useful to you http://www.mediafire.com/view/67oye6500 ... ummies.pdf

As to 'where to start' it's really about giving continuation to what you decide to open up or 'work on' in terms of writings. It can be your day to day experience and applying the self forgiveness, self corrective statements and a similar approach as to what you've been learning in DIP Lite. It can also be writing about a specific emotional pattern you'd like to focus on investigating, it can be about a particular memory - recent or old - that you see may be important to write about if it is creating too much 'noise' so to speak in your day to day living. It can be about a specific relationship you find yourself in, focusing on 'who you are' in the relationship - not about the other person or people - it can be about how you are witnessing certain events in your country or place where you live and analyzing how you go experiencing yourself - the thoughts, the emotions, the reactions, the judgments and applying self honesty to see where and how you have the ability to change certain aspects in your own life.

So for now, I'd suggest focusing on yourself and any area of your life that you'd like to write about, open up in writings in order to start walking some changes in it. Therefore, there's no limit to that, only that you are able to give yourself direction in each blog to look at and create solutions, to consider where and how you can stand up/change or apply different ways of living certain situations. The idea of blogging is to develop the habit of writing as a means of self-investigation, self-introspection that we direct towards a supportive outcome - through using the tools you're learning in DIP Lite.

So! Just take a first step in any direction you want that relates to your life and start from there, doesn't matter how seemingly 'big' or 'small' the point is, the point is to get started.

If you have other questions about it, let us know :)

thomaslagrua

Postby thomaslagrua » 08 Sep 2019, 07:29

What I often do to decide upon a subject, topic or course of writing (when I have no single topic in mind to write out) is to simply begin typing my thoughts as they come up and expanding on them as I will until the point or topic that's been hiding under all those other thoughts shows itself and takes the lead. Once my direction is clear, I head that way until I reach some sort of solution or conclusion. After that, I usually delete most of the other stuff and I also do a lot of editing.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 08 Sep 2019, 16:34

Here's a great video by Kristina on Vlogging

Your Voice Matters - Start Vlogging!

Ish

Postby Ish » 10 Oct 2019, 06:17

There's a nice PDF that covers most of the points you should know. Its here viewtopic.php?f=75&t=6525
Some of the links are broken inside the pdf, but others work well. I can see about updating it. The website did change a bit, so I think that's where some of the links got mixed up.

Besides that, my other advice is to check out the beginning of other people's blogs, so check out Day 1,2,3 of someone's blog to see how they started. Here's my 1st day https://yoganjourneytolife.blogspot.com/2012/04/ The most important thing is to do one's best, and do it for yourself- really just walk your process.

You can look up the rules for scholarship in the forum as well: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54

Here's a nice self-forgiveness on Fear from Veno
https://desteni.org/desteni-material/bl ... eness-fear

I'm going to check where Vlog support is. I remember there being something specifically for Vlogging
Thanks! That makes it much more clear as I had no idea where to start. It’s better just to start.

Ish

Postby Ish » 10 Oct 2019, 06:24

Hi Ish, the Blogging document that was made some years ago may be useful to you http://www.mediafire.com/view/67oye6500 ... ummies.pdf

As to 'where to start' it's really about giving continuation to what you decide to open up or 'work on' in terms of writings. It can be your day to day experience and applying the self forgiveness, self corrective statements and a similar approach as to what you've been learning in DIP Lite. It can also be writing about a specific emotional pattern you'd like to focus on investigating, it can be about a particular memory - recent or old - that you see may be important to write about if it is creating too much 'noise' so to speak in your day to day living. It can be about a specific relationship you find yourself in, focusing on 'who you are' in the relationship - not about the other person or people - it can be about how you are witnessing certain events in your country or place where you live and analyzing how you go experiencing yourself - the thoughts, the emotions, the reactions, the judgments and applying self honesty to see where and how you have the ability to change certain aspects in your own life.

So for now, I'd suggest focusing on yourself and any area of your life that you'd like to write about, open up in writings in order to start walking some changes in it. Therefore, there's no limit to that, only that you are able to give yourself direction in each blog to look at and create solutions, to consider where and how you can stand up/change or apply different ways of living certain situations. The idea of blogging is to develop the habit of writing as a means of self-investigation, self-introspection that we direct towards a supportive outcome - through using the tools you're learning in DIP Lite.

So! Just take a first step in any direction you want that relates to your life and start from there, doesn't matter how seemingly 'big' or 'small' the point is, the point is to get started.

If you have other questions about it, let us know :)
Thanks! Trying to create the blog off my phone isn’t working right now so I’m going to have to try on my laptop.

Also, thanks for the help on where to start writing. I was a bit confused as I’ve mainly been reading Bernard Poolman’s blog and desteni members that have been doing the process for years, so they were really well written and I know I don’t hve the ability to write like that yet. It’s better if I read the much earlier blogs to see where other members started with their writings.

Marlen

Postby Marlen » 10 Oct 2019, 16:44

Something else to consider as well on this is to embrace and honor where you're at meaning, can't go into comparison of how others have written blogs, we can always learn from each other but that's about it. Doesn't matter if you perceive some have 'better skills' with writing or not, it's all about You and where you're at, what you have to write about and basically that's it, taking that leap of faith as I like to call it without prejudice, without expectations, without comparing yourself to any other person because! Each person is unique, each person's life is like no other, so we can't really place certain 'standards' upon ourselves in any form or way, because this is about getting to Write YOU and that will always be entirely personal and unique to you. What matters is not the 'form' or any other standards, but you getting to develop self-honesty through writing, getting to know you through writing.

Some of us did some blog-timelines some years ago, it is now handy to go there to look at some of the earliest entries, so I share mine if you'd like to have a look at it https://marlenvargasdelrazo.wordpress.c ... -timeline/ so, enjoy reading and checking out others' writings which is certainly a way in which we nurture each other's views and considerations in terms of what it means to walk this process for each one, but! Focus on getting to develop and do that for yourself in your own way, style, approach, etc.

Enjoy

Return to “Desteni I Process Questions and Discussions”