German Forum

Axel

German Forum

Post by Axel »

Anyone interested in opening a Forum in German language? Can this be set up by the admins? Don't know if a request like this belongs here. If not, please delete it, as I dont have the rights to do so.

I am also thinking about re-activating the desteni-deutsch homepage at https://desteni-deutsch.blogspot.com/ and deleting old stuff there. It has been abandoned for some time but I have access to the site. Any objections?
Andreas Wittmann

Re: German Forum

Post by Andreas Wittmann »

Hi Axel,

in relation to setting up a German Forum, i am sure that it can be done, because it was already existent :-) I am not sure why it was discontinued but i think because there was rather low to no activity in the German language. Though i like the idea of having a german forum, i wonder if it would be used that much, as for most german Destonians english is a viable option. Mind sharing your considerations on opening a new german forum?

Reactivating the old desteni-deutsch blog is certainly a good idea, do you have anything specific in mind? What were you looking at/What would you like to do? I would say not necessarily deleting the old stuff, but certainly adding more/new things.

Cheers
Andreas
Axel

Post by Axel »

Hi Andreas,

glad to see you still around :-)

You may be right that there is no real need for a german forum. I agree that many germans can understand and express themselves in english quite well, but I am also active in Forums, in particular in Austria and Switzerland, in which this is not really the case. However, I have not seen many Destonians that request a german forum. So lets wait until the demand increases.

Regarding the german desteni blog, I am not sure as to which contents to add as this would require the translation of some materials into German in order to be added. Maybe I go ahead with some material that interests me. But I am not sure that I am up to that task yet.

I am now writing my JTL-blog in German because I want to see if that gets the Desteni idea spread around in german-speaking countries a bit better. So I would perhaps add links to my own blog and if people dont mind to their german blogs as well (if I can find any). There are also a few dead links, in particular to former equalmoney or livingincome sites, and I wonder where that material went anyway.

Let me know if you have further ideas as to what to add to the german blog. I wont delete anything but the site needs some newer posts. Otherwise I think it will remain pretty unattractive with the newest entries from 2017.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Axel wrote: I am now writing my JTL-blog in German because I want to see if that gets the Desteni idea spread around in german-speaking countries a bit better. So I would perhaps add links to my own blog and if people dont mind to their german blogs as well (if I can find any). There are also a few dead links, in particular to former equalmoney or livingincome sites, and I wonder where that material went anyway.

Hi Axel, I think the idea of writing blogs in German is realy good.

While searching on Facebook I found this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/destenideutsch/

Perhaps you can use it as an interim platform to centralise all the German blogging ?
Axel

Post by Axel »

Gabriel wrote: 03 Sep 2019, 21:06 I found this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/destenideutsch/

Perhaps you can use it as an interim platform to centralise all the German blogging ?
Hi Gabriel, that a good start I think. However, I do not have admin rights to that group on Facebook and I also found a bunch of Dutch posts there, which is a bit confusing as Dutch is quite different from German.

I would be happy if anyone could add me as a co-admin to the group.
Marlen

Post by Marlen »

Hi Axel,

My suggestion is to not mind the Dutch or other posts, it's probably a misunderstanding. You can simply post in that group without having to be an admin of it, and so it's about continuing the activity there by sharing your blogs in German, that's how other languages groups on FB work. Over time and with activity, more people can join in and use it as a discussion forum as well.

Once your activity there is consistent, you can get to talk to any of the admins in that group so that you could apply to co-admin it, if that's what you'd like to do.
Andreas Wittmann

Post by Andreas Wittmann »

Hi Axel,

very cool for your initiative to re-vive the desteni deutsch FB-Group. As for the german blog, i agree that some new german,
and translated material would be cool to add. Also it would be really cool to consistently add german material.

Maybe we can start a collaboration to translate and add some material that we find supportive and that would contribute to
lay a basic foundation of the Desteni-Prinicples and tools as well as their application. I have started several, partly longer,
translation projects but never gotten around to complete/finish them and/or have them checked and edited by another
german speaker. So, it would be great if we could get something like that going.

I also started to translate the DIP Lite into german and want to ask you if you would be up for checking/editing the translations,
and/or if you want to support with translating the remaining material - would be cool to have that course available in german.

Will also take a look at the german blog and what i have in terms of translations, and what might make sense to add or where we
could continue. If you have, please also share your ideas/suggestions!
Axel

Post by Axel »

Andreas,

of course I am more than happy to look over the translations you have already started. Just send them to me by email or here.

The idea to have the DIP-lite course available in German would be great to. I am happy to help with that as well.

I will also look into the Desteni materials that I found useful and supportive and start translating them so that they can be added to the german site.

See you around and its great to have someone to cooperate with :-)

Axel

Return to “Other-Language Desteni Forums - Commenting/Response”